Shop siding. What did you use or recommend? Why? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally building a 22x30 shop. What did you use for the exterior siding? Metal? Vertical or horizontal? Vinyl? Fiber/cement? Wood is not an option.

What did you use for the exterior siding? Metal? Vertical or horizontal? Vinyl? Fiber/cement? Wood is not an option.

Metal, vertical.

I'm on my second metal shop building, and would never consider anything else.

In your climate, it would be ideal to spray at least an inch of spray foam insulation directly to the inside of all the metal walls and roof, to negate condensation on the inside.

I built an addition on my shop recently. 2x6x12' walls, 1/2" OSB, barrier, Vertical Metal siding. First time I ever used it ( I'm a former home builder) and it is a product I would use again. I used it on the roof as well. Easy to use, most places have a wide variety of trim shapes as well. It'll out last me for sure :)

Metal, vertical. My first time with this material, no regrets so far.

For my main high bay building I used 20 gauge steel 2.5" thick metal insulated panels laid vertically. They're like refer panels, but pretty on the outside and textured bright white on the inside. They made the structure of the building simpler because they can span pretty far. I went with a 7' span. For the smaller parts of the building I used 26 gauge delta rib steel siding and insulated with batts.

What: Block with brick veneer that matches the house
Why: Previous owner built it that way, plus the shop was free
(when we bought this home, the appraisal of the house alone covered the purchase price so the shop was free as far as the bank was concerned and with me ... bride was less than pleased because she had wanted to be able to hold the cost of the shop over my head)

Not exactly feedback of aid in your research. My apology for my poor humor.
Congratulations on the shop that you will be building.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom