Seatbelts and usage on your FJ40? (1 Viewer)

Seatbelts I use

• none

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • lap only

Votes: 54 34.4%
  • 3 point (lap/shoulder)

Votes: 78 49.7%
  • multi point harness setup

Votes: 21 13.4%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CROW 2" wide 4 pt harness, I have seen people killed at work who were ejected from Jeeps. Most of the time a high speed rollover will eject the passenger/driver if they are not in a 4 pt harness. The 4 pt harness is well worth the money, CROW makes nice restraint systems for a reasonable price. As for trail use, most of the time I just use the lapbelt.

hey...now that I look at it, if I have the Crow Heavy Duty Lap 3" Belts (as seen on SOR), can I just buy the 3" Crow Heavy Duty Shoulder Harness and use it with my belts I have already?

where the heck would you mount that y strap behind the seat on the floor board to also keep the seat from flying forward?

Last edited:
i have 4 point but never wear them. when i die in a roll my wife will say 'good thing he bought those safety harnesses'.

5 point Simpson harness.

I originally set up my 40 to go wheeling with my 10 year old. Now he's 15, but for him to wear them, I have to wear them. It's OK.

The red one has lap only and the green one has 3 point. Don't know which is correct for 76. If and when I have either ready for trails, I may put in better systems.

Ron

Lap and shoulder for me. It saved my bacon in the roll-over collision that I had early last year.

you know, after reading some of these.. my own thread has convinced me to order the Crow heavy duty soulder harness system seen here. I already have the Crow lap belts and realized that I could just add the shoulder harness system for safety.

306-33b-big.jpg

the real bonus was that I had a Gift Certificate from SOR from my nieces from XMAS to use up and it helped cover this cost. :)

I broke my steering wheel and column....with my chest.Lap only.That chit hurt a bit.I'd like a different set up or maybe I'll just rock a moto-x chest protector...and a race face!

I just installed the MAF family cage and lost my three point belts in my 79 FJ40. They were pretty rough anyway. Does anybody recommend some three point style belts that will fit well?

again: seatbeltpros.com

many choices of colors and buckle styles

It's really nice to see a zero in the none choice for belts (as of now). At least Cruiserheads know they're not indestructible.:)

3pt, but only where em' on the highway or if i get into some real good trailriding.

or if my wife's driving.

I would like to have multipoint harness but its not in the cards of now. The three point was/is ok, except when I rolled over to the passenger side and then to the roof. I slide out of the three point harness. Luckily it was a slow roll and I had time to support myself and my lap belt kept me hanging some what up side down. But the shoulder harness didn't help in a rightside roll over.:D

Lap belts only in my 40. That is not a recomendation;)

i just upgraded to 5 pnts in my trail rig, will were lap belt most of the time but the shoulder ones will go on when the going gets tough. My 78 daily driver has the stock 3 pnts. I always wear my seat belt saved my life when i got t-bone by a lady who ran a red light at 45mph. When my car stopped i was faceing the other direction. NEVER PUT COMFORT BEFORE YOU LIFE EVEN IF YOU ARE GOING SLOW ON A TRAIL!

I am running these 2" Corbeaus with PRP Daily Driver seats:
corb-3pts.jpg

Used to run 3" and its too thick of a belt for my comfort and daily driving.

The passengers take some getting used to them. I like them, they're very comfortable and easy to get in and out of. I think 3 points are enough though.

I have heard that these are not as good since they take about a food before they lock. I know some other higher brands sell the same kind of thing. Great idea in my opinion if they would lock sooner:
corb-3ptret.jpg

-Dustin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom