Show us your FJ40 then and now (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Feb 2022- Oct 2023

IMG_8944.jpeg

IMG_5705.jpeg

More info? 80 chassis?
Build thread:

TTT

My 66 when I bought it 20+ years ago. found under a lean to by a wood pile. engine seized. cheap. i had access to shop space and tools. i had a fair bit of time, money not so much.
fall 2001
40earlya.jpg

got it running so put temporary permits on it to get some seat time. started body work on the removable panels first.
early 2002
40early4a.jpg

tub was the last done. had plates on it and was heading out light wheeling on weekends and to college some week days.
40early6a.jpg

by around 2005 most work done and was doing lots of camping and exploring. Then there were two of us and that worked ok, but once kids were a factor mostly ran a 60.
IMGP5517.JPG

I've been getting back to some solo time out on the trail with the 40 which has been great, but has led to a few changes.
IMG_0958a.JPG

Last edited:
Great Thread! I'll throw in my two cents.....

Then......
View attachment 3483074

And Now....
View attachment 3483092
Winner winner chicken dinner! What a treasure, how have I never seen photos of the completed truck? I do recall seeing that first pic in one of Jack A's threads long ago I believe?

Added link to build thread for others:

It took me 5 years to finally save Farm Fresh from rotting into the ground. A friend who's a lineman was working out near that farm and spotted it. Told me about it. I found the owner and eventually saved it. Then sold it to JLawson and it went to Virginia. Good stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom