SAS SAS #3 Official Thread 2019 (2 Viewers)

SAS #3 Color choices

• Capri Blue

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Sky Blue

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Pollux Orange

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Olive Green

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • Spring Green

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Cadet Blue

• Dune Beige

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Rustic Green

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Freeborn Red

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Yellow / Mustard

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SAS #3 was probably the best one yet! It was great sharing the campsite with Ryan (@CaptClose) with the occasional visit from Audrey and Ellie (@Ocho77‘s daughters). Hanging out with Mr. Pat (@dogfishlake) Lizzy (@lizznkirby), and most of all the famous Buddy was no doubt one of the highlights of this trip! @Ocho77 and his wife Ms. Katie were always amazing from lending me towels to letting me hangout with them at their campsite. I had some of the most fun I have had in a while hanging out with their daughters too!! Oh man and lets not forget the Johnson’s!! 🤣 I met perhaps the *cough* funniest *cough*Johnson Mr. Kevin and the heart surgeon who cooks bacon Mr. Brent which I hope seeing them becomes a tradition. Meeting up with Mr. Jim (@CenTXFJ60), his sons (@mcguirejohnson & Addison), Mr. Will, and we can’t forget Big Nate was like always, loads of fun. Just to reiterate what @POTATO LAUNCHER and @BombCity we’re saying it’s always like a family reunion seeing everyone new and old. It always sucks to know you have to go home, but I can’t wait till next year! We plan on bringing the 40’s and maybe Old Landy so we’ll see how that goes, fingers crossed!

- Keaton D.

Last edited:
2,435 miles. We're back safe and sound. Did lose a headlight though.
20190811_175817.jpg
20190811_180439.jpg

20190810_091210.jpg

Buddy is already missing his SAS3 friends.
20190811_195920.jpg

We are already buzzing for the next adventure... cleaning laundry and Tracks, all we needis food and a map! Where shall we go @BombCity?
I really enjoyed myself as a passenger in this event... maybe one day I’ll drive Tracks on the trails or old old school MaryJane, 1963 FJ40... really wanting to bring that classic out!! ...easy now, I need a mellow start! Lol
Pics and videos coming soon! I’ve got lots of awesome shots!
Me too. Miss the mountains already. There are some cool places not far from you guys.

SAS #3 was probably the best one yet! It was great sharing the campsite with Ryan (@CaptClose) with the occasional visit from Audrey and Ellie (@Ocho77‘s daughters). Hanging out with Mr. Pat (@dogfishlake) Lizzy (@lizznkirby), and most of all the famous Buddy was no doubt one of the highlights of this trip! @Ocho77 and his wife Ms. Katie were always amazing from lending me towels to letting me hangout with them at their campsite. I had some of the most fun I have had in a while hanging out with their daughters too!! Oh man and lets not forget the Johnson’s!! 🤣 I met perhaps the *cough* funniest *cough*Johnson Mr. Kevin and the heart surgeon who cooks bacon Mr. Brent which I hope seeing them becomes a tradition. Meeting up with Mr. Jim (@CenTXFJ60), his sons (@mcguirejohnson & Addison), Mr. Will, and we can’t forget Big Nate was like always, loads of fun. Just to reiterate what @POTATO LAUNCHER and @BombCity we’re saying it’s always like a family reunion seeing everyone new and old. It always sucks to know you have to go home, but I can’t wait till next year! We plan on bringing the 40’s and maybe Old Landy so we’ll see how that goes, fingers crossed!

- Keaton D.
Old Landy. ;)

3029 miles since we left home. Glad to get the family safely back home. Miss everyone! Safe journeys back home to all still on the road (@Ocho77).

Just like everyone, I look forward to this family reunion all year long! I wasn't going to miss out on it just because my 60 wasn't making it this year. Looking forward to seeing everyone again! SAS once a year just is not enough when we have this good of a group.

Here are some teaser photos, I haven't had a chance to sit down and make my way through all of them.

DSC05321.jpg
DSC05304.jpg
DSC05196.jpg
DSC05383.jpg

@CenTXFJ60 I picked up your mudship items from @Nifski this evening, now just need to get them loaded on the truck @murf will be driving. Heavy stuff to be sure and fills up the back of my 100.

We will see you this weekend with your parts.

@Saddletramp Thanks for getting this stuff to @CenTXFJ60.. He has been waiting over a year for those seats!

I really missed out on a good time, these pics are awesome.. thanks to everyone for sharing! Definitely planning on being there for SAS#4!

Had an awesome trip and appreciate everyone’s help along the way. Reminder to those with wheel spacers...re-torque them as often as possible or you’ll be doing a potential road side repair like we did.
E76238D6-D417-4D86-BE13-86FC73551913.jpeg
B47B5A36-F87A-4758-A240-EF4C1CE82FE2.jpeg
And absolutely enjoyed the wheeling. Never knew 3 trips up Imogene could seem so different in one week. Weather can do that. Truly appreciate making new friends and reuniting with old ones. As mentioned, need to figure out how to do this more often. Another observation...the Johnson’s and Archers did dominate the #’s this year. But F it, Casey and I (Monroy and Mcguire) started this awesome event :). All the more reason for those that can to get their families involved. One of the best parts of this is getting to hang with my brothers and win awesome tank tops in the raffle
9AD94A37-BBAE-46EE-B72F-4C851F1F477D.jpeg
and probably drinking too much @iCruiser @kmj64. Lastly, got to round out the trip with an overnight at Casey’s barn. Great hospitality and appreciate the help with loading everything @BombCity @POTATO LAUNCHER
0B0A9989-E94C-466B-878D-094F93F41AEC.jpeg

I have to say this year was awesome. The brotherhood of Cruiser owners is alive and well. SAS is really more of a gathering than an event. It would not even be possible if @woody hadn't started Mud years ago. I appreciate the way you guys represent SAS, Mud and the Cruiser community as a whole. Nothing but great feedback the whole time we were in the San Juans.
I absolutely love the trails each year and the cool weather is nice when it's 100° back home. Just seeing old friends meeting new people and having a network of cool people from all over this great country makes it totally worth the 8 months of planning.
So Cheers to all that attended, I am already looking forward to #4.
Casey..

Had an awesome trip and appreciate everyone’s help along the way. Reminder to those with wheel spacers...re-torque them as often as possible or you’ll be doing a potential road side repair like we did. View attachment 2055957View attachment 2055958And absolutely enjoyed the wheeling. Never knew 3 trips up Imogene could seem so different in one week. Weather can do that. Truly appreciate making new friends and reuniting with old ones. As mentioned, need to figure out how to do this more often. Another observation...the Johnson’s and Archers did dominate the #’s this year. But F it, Casey and I (Monroy and Mcguire) started this awesome event :). All the more reason for those that can to get their families involved. One of the best parts of this is getting to hang with my brothers and win awesome tank tops in the raffle View attachment 2055969and probably drinking too much @iCruiser @kmj64. Lastly, got to round out the trip with an overnight at Casey’s barn. Great hospitality and appreciate the help with loading everything @BombCity @POTATO LAUNCHERView attachment 2055975

CHECK YOUR NUTS!!! 🤣 🤣

Back home after 3,350-ish road miles and a couple hundred on the trails, got home last night just before midnight. Thanks so much to @POTATO LAUNCHER and everyone else who organized it, and especially the Cooper State Cruisers (@murf @Saddletramp @samtoddlee @Pitch ), who made Daniel and I feel like family. Glad to get together with @Dilspec again, and lots of new friends. And @The Jade Bean 's coffee is outstanding, made a pot at home this morning. Got a ton of pictures I'll be sorting through tonight, but here are a few.

Monday: Engineer Pass
IMG_6693.jpg

IMG_6701.jpg

Tuesday: Imogene
IMG_6714.jpg

IMG_6721.jpg

IMG_6735.jpg

@Michael B talked this event up to our group last year when he got back, but I have to say he understated it. Then again, maybe it's one of those things that simply must be attended and enjoyed. Neither Jess nor I had ever been to the San Juans, but this is now a yearly trip. The "organised looseness" really makes this thing awesome.

Thanks @POTATO LAUNCHER, @CenTXFJ60, and all the others whose mud-names I've forgotten that put this on!

@Michael B talked this event up to our group last year when he got back, but I have to say he understated it. Then again, maybe it's one of those things that simply must be attended and enjoyed. Neither Jess nor I had ever been to the San Juans, but this is now a yearly trip. The "organised looseness" really makes this thing awesome.

Thanks @POTATO LAUNCHER, @CenTXFJ60, and all the others whose mud-names I've forgotten that put this on!

It was great to have you. Loved the Australian Alabama accent. Thanks for your patience with @Cowboy45 at the wheel up Owl Creek pass.

@Zjohnsonua, my boys would love to chat with Jess about her career choice. I tried to connect on Wed after the photo shoot but missed doing so. Pls PM me with a number to call you all one of these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom