SAS SAS #3 Official Thread 2019 (4 Viewers)

SAS #3 Color choices

• Capri Blue

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Sky Blue

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Pollux Orange

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Olive Green

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • Spring Green

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Cadet Blue

• Dune Beige

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Rustic Green

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Freeborn Red

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Yellow / Mustard

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Made it

Who’s driving the Cummins swapped 40series?
A5E5BC0D-FA59-40D4-9750-02310C35D4B5.jpeg

COFFEE ANNOUNCEMENT

For tomorrow we will be serving coffee at 8am...the following mornings I will have it ready earlier, but still getting setup. Reminder to bring your mug and we only have black coffee as that’s the only way to go. Lol.
See ya in the morn!! -Daniel Kent
32BB5C13-3F6E-4EFE-999E-F59D50C5CE41.jpeg
4823B228-2C6B-4F1A-98EE-A2E4E922A0D7.jpeg

@POTATO LAUNCHER Staying in town this year , will swing by early wed morn . My plan was to run up Poughkeepsie wed , no idea if it is snowed in at the lake still or not. Probably bring the rock skis to hit some runs in August, can’t beat it

Poughkeepsie is closed. There is a bit of a stink at the moment because some heepers cut the locks on the gate, ran it and posted pics to faceballs. Apparently did some trail damage too. Looks like there is still a lot of snow and avalanche debris.

Fingers crossed Poughkeepsie doesn't get closed permanently thanks to those aholes.

Blackbear is closed. I don't think the top is cleared yet. The Tride side of Bridal vail is closed for part of this week as well for repairs.

Here's the latest on Cinnamon Pass/Hindsdale County Road 30
-- All of the stranded motorists were able to get out last night.
-- Hinsdale County Road and Bridge on scene repairing the road
-- CR 30 closed indefinitely until work is completed
-- Closure from Lake City is at the winter gate, at the turn off to Sherman Townsite/Cottownwood.
-- CR 30 closed from Animas Forks at the Cinnamon Pass summit.
10:30 a.m., 8/4/19

Ophir has been open for weeks.

Ran Imogene on Saturday. No real issues except for the insane amounts of traffic & as a result we didn't made it down in time before the storm hit.

Also you've probably noticed it's monsoon season. Early starts and fast runs are key. This is flash flood and mud slide season (see Cinnamon pass report above).

Imogene Pass today!
A187A798-8F42-422B-BC52-FD1192F54851.jpeg

Yankee Boy is open to just before the rise over to the small lake. Seems a Side by Side rolled yesterday trying to break through the snow pack. Not worth the risk of being stuck at altitude and no recovery area. Had a quick lunch and headed back to camp.

Is there a place to get power steering fluid in Ouray? Google didn’t turn up any auto parts stores.

If you're good with parts house ATF then find me in the morning. I've got a qt handy. I'll be in a dark blue 60 with Alabama plates.

Final preparations to head out sometime tomorrow, may not make Ouray, but will be close. Received the replacement hot water tank for the camper late this afternoon. Everything is pretty much ready other than finishing up that project and getting the FJ60 hooked up behind the Silverado. Off to the side is next year's SAS 4WD, my '71 FJ40. We'll probably drive it up next year and stay in a cabin.

Preparations-1.jpg

Meanwhile, the FJ60's patiently standing by.

Preparations-2.jpg

Coffee is ready and the deer are out!
DD23D560-BD7A-457D-B018-3E9F2CB8FF6B.jpeg
347BAE3E-CD09-4846-9E6F-13D058312782.jpeg
F5C84F09-914A-4507-86B0-434245A4AB35.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom