SAS SAS #3 Official Thread 2019 (6 Viewers)

SAS #3 Color choices

• Capri Blue

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Sky Blue

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Pollux Orange

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Olive Green

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • Spring Green

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Cadet Blue

• Dune Beige

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Rustic Green

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Freeborn Red

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Yellow / Mustard

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@CenTXFJ60 I picked up your mudship items from @Nifski this evening, now just need to get them loaded on the truck @murf will be driving. Heavy stuff to be sure and fills up the back of my 100.

We will see you this weekend with your parts.
Man...I owe all of you big time!!! Can’t wait to meet y’all and really appreciate what you’re doing.

Okay I’m missing something to reconnect my sway bar that the PO took off. I can’t figure out what’s missing. If you know and or have the parts to bring, please let me know. TIA! ‘92 80.
40C85469-E948-4C12-BB26-800566137499.jpeg
1C8319B4-F23F-423C-A6C5-057B7592A86D.jpeg

@SipLife has a 91 part out at the barn. Heading there this afternoon. We will see if we have the drop brackets and hardware on the rig.

Okay I’m missing something to reconnect my sway bar that the PO took off. I can’t figure out what’s missing. If you know and or have the parts to bring, please let me know. TIA! ‘92 80. View attachment 2046081View attachment 2046082

I have a swaybar drop brackets for the front of a lifted 80 series. I haven't owned an 80 in 8 years, but I still have the brackets! If you need them I could ship them somewhere. Although it looks like you need some other parts to make your work as well.

ftswaybarbraqckets.jpg

I definitely do not have the drop brackets. It’s stock.

Front swaybars are over rated.:)

I don’t run it, but pulling my camper in the mountains with a 4” lift and 37’s I’d like to have it. Lol.
I have a swaybar drop brackets for the front of a lifted 80 series. I haven't owned an 80 in 8 years, but I still have the brackets! If you need them I could ship them somewhere. Although it looks like you need some other parts to make your work as well.

ftswaybarbraqckets.jpg
I need the brackets that bolt to the frame...
7923D81D-0E7D-4BCD-8E6D-97D8AF2F9DC7.jpeg

I don’t run it, but pulling my camper in the mountains with a 4” lift and 37’s I’d like to have it. Lol.

I need the brackets that bolt to the frame...View attachment 2046177

Thats what I thought you might be missing. There is a possibility of driveshaft interference without the lowering blocks though, not 100% sure. If you need those spacers I'd be happy to give them to you free.

squirrel...
I did RTI testing on my 80 in many different iterations, stock, lifted, sway bars, extended shocks, hitch-pin mods to show what I experienced with all those changes and how it affected handling/flex...if you are bored...And this is the only picture I get to contribute to this thread...maybe next year!

RTI Ramp/Travel pics, lift changes, sway bars...for reference

attachment.php

Last edited:

I need the brackets that bolt to the frame...View attachment 2046177
An 80, in the mountains, with a camper, on 37's, with a 3FE? That H55 must be the great equalizer. I wouldn't attempt pulling anything with my 62 on grades and it's only on 33's, with 4.88's. I've never driven a 3FE with an H55, so some seat time may convinve me to pull the trigger rather than going to the dark side.

You should drive it in Ouray!

Jess is learning how to drive stick on this cross country trip.
20190801_132756.jpg

I've never driven a 3FE with an H55, so some seat time may convinve me to pull the trigger rather than going to the dark side.
I have that set-up in my '86 FJ60, with 4.11 differentials and 235/85R16s. I'll be arriving Wednesday afternoon - try it, you'll like it!

I'm looking forward to picking y'all H55F owners' brains. We're still rowing the H42/3.70s/33s, and while it works, it leaves room for improvement....

I'm looking forward to picking y'all H55F owners' brains. We're still rowing the H42/3.70s/33s, and while it works, it leaves room for improvement....
I've been running that combination on my '84 FJ60 since the first set of tires that were on it when I drove it off the showroom floor wore out. Worked fine for me all over the Southwest - desert, mountains, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom