SAS SAS #3 Official Thread 2019 (1 Viewer)

SAS #3 Color choices

• Capri Blue

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Sky Blue

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Pollux Orange

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Olive Green

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • Spring Green

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Cadet Blue

• Dune Beige

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Rustic Green

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Freeborn Red

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Yellow / Mustard

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nobody but me is crazy enough to drive drive a 60 from Texas. I’m proud of that.
Just last month I flew out to Maryland to pick up a 60. Drove it all the way back to Colorado. It was great till Kansas, because Kansas.

Looks like I'll be there for a few days, fly out for a work trip in the middle and come back. I'll fly in and out of Montrose.

3 days out of five in the mountains isn't half bad.

Looks like I'll be there for a few days, fly out for a work trip in the middle and come back. I'll fly in and out of Montrose.

3 days out of five in the mountains isn't half bad.
Any time spent in the mountains is better than no time in the mountains IMO

Any time spent in the mountains is better than no time in the mountains IMO

Thats what I keep telling myself. 2 days of driving for some fresh air is worth it.

Anyone have any experience with this (or similar) air compressor for airing up tires? Thought it might come in handy after some of the trails. Maximum tire size I'll run on any of my Land Cruisers is 235/85R16.

So is there anyone coming from the Phoenix area that had room for two front 60 seats and a winch? @Nifski was planning a mud ship for me but due to other commitments had to cancel this trip. If so and you’re able to carry this stuff to Ouray I’ll definaty help out with travel expenses etc.
thanks,
Jimmy

@murf might have room. If @Nifski can arrange time for pickup, I could swing by get to Murf .

Getting closer...

New RMS, clutch, added the used H55 & splitcase with 3:1 Sumo Gears.

View attachment 2029967View attachment 2029968
I'll be interested in your opinion of the 3:1 Sumo gears - I'll be ordering a set from Cruiser Outfitters for my '71 FJ40 with H41, split transfer case, 3.70 differentials, and BFG 30X9.50R15 ATs (next year's SAS #4 vehicle).

Anyone have any experience with this (or similar) air compressor for airing up tires? Thought it might come in handy after some of the trails. Maximum tire size I'll run on any of my Land Cruisers is 235/85R16.
Viair makes some really good portable air compressors. 300P or 400p work well. I have the 400p. :cheers:

Ordered a SuperFlow MV50 based on Fearless Leader's recommendation :).

Well I would have loved to be out there in my Fj45 for the event but I'm not driving my "f" powered Land Cruiser 4,500miles in the summer, but I will be out there in my Tacoma. Looking forward to swinging by at night and checking out all the Land Cruisers/members. Safe Travels everyone..

There is an air hose and compressor at the Maintenance shop at the KOA if that is where your staying

I don't do "FarceBook" but this was forwarded to me earlier. Seems the FJ Summit didn't get to do my favorite trail in Ouray. This was posted yesterday and was shot on Saturday July 20.

I am gonna feel like a poseur parking up on the rock after seeing that guy or gal up on the mountain side in a dozer driving by braille.

if you can get them, I can bring them up
Man I truly appreciate it guys. Let me know what you need from me. Look forward to meeting you all in Ouray. Murf, I'll send you a PM with my contact information. Thanks again. Jimmy

Man I truly appreciate it guys. Let me know what you need from me. Look forward to meeting you all in Ouray. Murf, I'll send you a PM with my contact information. Thanks again. Jimmy

Since we are both staying at the Ouray KOA, this will be easy!

I’m in grand junction if anybody wants to run something here I can show ya some trails here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom