Rosen aircraft sunvisor to replace sagging visor? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone have feed back on the darkness of these? They seem fairly clear in the pictures,,, wondering if it’d be worth have a layer of tint installed
Plenty dark, if I forget my sunglasses they suffice.

Awesome, thanks. I am thinking about ordering a set

Happy to help :flipoff2:

Huge upgrade, real game changer and my wife loves them on westbound Sierra / Tahoe headed home trips, very bright sun straight at ya.

I ended up having an issue with the swivel mount on the Rosen but an Allen wrench, blue loctite, and some silicone super lube did the trick. The adjustment is a little different but if you look at it makes sense the one Allen was coming loose.

Just got a set of these from @NLXTACY to finish off the install 🤘

Anyone have feed back on the darkness of these? They seem fairly clear in the pictures,,, wondering if it’d be worth have a layer of tint installed

I personally don't think they are tinted enough. At a minimum, I wish the tint was progressive and darker towards the top. I'm in NM - might not matter in other areas of the country. They also don't cover quite as much as the OEM visors do.

I personally don't think they are tinted enough. At a minimum, I wish the tint was progressive and darker towards the top. I'm in NM - might not matter in other areas of the country. They also don't cover quite as much as the OEM visors do.
Appreciate the info, i am a big baby with my eyes… already have 50% on the front windshield, don’t see a reason why I couldn’t slap a layer or two of 5% ceramic tint on the visors and be good to go. Or maybe buy just the hardware and cut my own visor panels?

The fact that they are a bit smaller might be ideal… my gentex mirror with the witsend mount interpheres a bit with my 100 series visors.

Gary with Rosen was by the shop again the other day. They have redesigned the mount, it covers the hole now. It is nice and good improvements.

Really cool I think that they are investing in making the Cruiser visors better.

Cheers
Which visor models are the right ones for FJ80's?

Which visor models are the right ones for FJ80's?
Little bit of info from a recent Rosen customer - email them and they can walk you through options. This is what they told me:

"Thank you for your interest in our visors! We have the LC/universal visor system in stock. Part Number 7S10075-0 is $299/set USD + shipping. (No sales tax and Fedex Ground inside US is $14-18) Shipping would be the next business day after you place your order.

Here's the photos on our website: Universal/Adjustable Mount Automotive Visors - https://www.rosenvisor.com/store/p170/Universal%2FAdjustable_Mount_Automotive_Visors.html You can find more photos and videos on our Instagram page @RosenVisor

The mount has 2 slotted holes that fit factory screw spacing range of 1.25"-2". We also have a new ball joint system with 1.5” spacing that matches your 80 series LC. I have attached a few photos of that system. Same price, but 1 week lead time. Let me know which system you prefer. P/N R1525450-0"

I went with the second option, R1525450-0. I like them a lot. They could use a little more tint though

moONcN5.jpg

Little bit of info from a recent Rosen customer - email them and they can walk you through options. This is what they told me:

"Thank you for your interest in our visors! We have the LC/universal visor system in stock. Part Number 7S10075-0 is $299/set USD + shipping. (No sales tax and Fedex Ground inside US is $14-18) Shipping would be the next business day after you place your order.

Here's the photos on our website: Universal/Adjustable Mount Automotive Visors - https://www.rosenvisor.com/store/p170/Universal%2FAdjustable_Mount_Automotive_Visors.html You can find more photos and videos on our Instagram page @RosenVisor

The mount has 2 slotted holes that fit factory screw spacing range of 1.25"-2". We also have a new ball joint system with 1.5” spacing that matches your 80 series LC. I have attached a few photos of that system. Same price, but 1 week lead time. Let me know which system you prefer. P/N R1525450-0"

I went with the second option, R1525450-0. I like them a lot. They could use a little more tint though

moONcN5.jpg
curious to hear if you think these are dark enough, or if you end up slapping a layer of tint / vinyl on there.

curious to hear if you think these are dark enough, or if you end up slapping a layer of tint / vinyl on there.
I’d say once or twice a month I find myself driving into a low sun and think that I need to tint it darker. And then I forget until it happens again. Haha

moONcN5.jpg
Thank you!

I’d say once or twice a month I find myself driving into a low sun and think that I need to tint it darker. And then I forget until it happens again. Haha
So you could tint these of need be. That's good to know. Maybe even a ceramic tint that will stop most of the sun's heat. 🤔

So you could tint these of need be. That's good to know. Maybe even a ceramic tint that will stop most of the sun's heat. 🤔
Yeah not the best picture but you can see it's just an acrylic panel mounted to the arm:

lf89ARr.jpg

You should be able to just remove that panel and take it to a tint shop and add some tint to it. I like the design, it's nice to be able to see through it like sunglasses or an ND filter essentially

I recently put these on my 80 and for the price, I think it should be fitted to the truck better. The coverage is much less than the OEM visor, just because they don't want to have different lenses specific to each vehicle, they consider it a 'universal' kit that fits a bunch of older vehicles. It should be wider in both directions, and it should be darker (in my opinion). Right now I'm driving into the sun every day and it's just not dark enough.

That said, I've got a laser cutter and some darker acrylic on order to address these issues for my visor. I'll post up a comparison once I get the new lenses cut. It's special order acrylic and it will be a couple of weeks before I get to it.

Did they fix the gap in the mount and the headliner yet? Hard to tell in your pictures.
1699557255413.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom