Rhinestone Cowboy - '75 Mustard FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Those fender flares are a great excuse to replace the 1/4 panels and cut them for flipping the rear springs at the same time

a few years later.. I'm going to stand by this, and say your mind would be changed if you drove one set up like this :) @mattressking

What size/brand tires you have on your rig and are you happy with them?

What did you end up putting on the 40 for tires/tire size with the 4" lift?

Was interested in what happened to this cruiser. Did a little searching and found this.

Poured a bourbon, bought a new toolbox and decided to get on 'mud for the first time in what feels like ages. In less than a year, I quit my job, traveled around in my mustard 40, started a new...business? and sold my mustard 40 to fund said venture.

What size/brand tires you have on your rig and are you happy with them?
These were maxxis Razr MT, 33x10.5. I enjoyed them, I only put about 10-15k miles over a summer on them, between pavement, dry and slick rock, heavy heavy mud, torrential downpours and dry/dusty trails....they did great! The mud cleared out very quick.
What did you end up putting on the 40 for tires/tire size with the 4" lift?
See above
a few years later.. I'm going to stand by this, and say your mind would be changed if you drove one set up like this :) @mattressking
Ha! You aren't kidding....with H55 swap looming, a 60 rear axle or narrowed 80 axle (thanks for this thought @Godfather90 ) would be sick with a spring over....or even sprung under for now. Especially since I have a complete 62 front axle laying around.
Was interested in what happened to this cruiser. Did a little searching and found this.
Well after I moved to Idaho I sold it to @asu4runner and he has it in Arkansas....build thread is here now

nathan and i keep in touch, and mustard is doing just fine.
mustard.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom