Builds Removing SBC conversion, going back to Toyota. 1972 Frame Off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Perfect sounds like a plan i checked website for NEO cars and coffee and said "We're still working on the 2020 schedule, stay tuned! We'll post dates as soon as we have them. the web " so i will keep an eye out and post the date here . Looking forward to meeting you all.

Hope JCD1 has his ready to go by then. Let me know if you need a helping hand on anything, would be more than happy to help. Project is looking incredible! Nice work Man!

Hope JCD1 has his ready to go by then. Let me know if you need a helping hand on anything, would be more than happy to help. Project is looking incredible! Nice work Man!

Thanks, I hope we are finished by spring as well. There are a handful of 40s around. NEO cars and coffee is a good time. There are a lot of great cars to see.

D21D3999-E2AA-4A4B-846C-43E42F5BBB79.jpeg

43FD4273-0658-4445-B2EA-DFBDD5B8A424.jpeg

After installing the LS Corvette style filter/regulator in the fuel system, I was unhappy with the push on/in connectors. Anytime that the line was bumped, there would be a small leak at the regulator output.

I am switching to an adjustable Holley regulator and separate filter. Tomorrow’s work will be modifying the mounting bracket and rebuilding the hardlines to complete the fuel system.

F4890325-8775-4ADE-8FB4-EEBE9D8025C7.jpeg

C5019921-35E6-46FC-8537-BB4470F466E0.jpeg

I'm so excited to see some 40's around me! The last time I saw one on the road was about 10 years ago. Jdc1, I'd love to see that build in person! There is a builder in Euclid working on an FJ40 now, I plan on stopping in to check out the progress soon.

I'm so excited to see some 40's around me! The last time I saw one on the road was about 10 years ago. Jdc1, I'd love to see that build in person! There is a builder in Euclid working on an FJ40 now, I play lan on stopping in to check out the progress soon.

Hey Diana, there are a handful around NE OH. I know of 2 other builds happening now as well, hopefully they’ll be done and on the road soon.

We are planning on installing the front clip next week on our build. It’s not at my house right now so seeing it is a little tough. It should be ready and on the road this spring.

Do you know the name of the shop in Euclid?

WOW I love the color combo with the rims/tires and the choice of body color! You have to be please on how those wheels look!

WOW I love the color combo with the rims/tires and the choice of body color! You have to be please on how those wheels look!

Thanks @RTP ,it’s turning out really well, better than my dad or I could have imagined when we started. The rim color is matched to the knobs on the window cranks.

Didn’t read through all of your thread but....... I looked at a enough pictures to be able to say: “nicely done so far” :cheers:

A few more hours of progress today:

Ran an extra ground to the turn signals

B39101A1-A402-4E93-9301-CA97C23DA884.jpeg

E1A20E33-CF76-4B4A-8445-A6AD600FDB67.jpeg

Made a rubber gasket for between the fender and apron

7038C158-A27D-4199-944F-B51201D2027F.jpeg

Hung the apron

54559367-30BC-4093-A52D-BABF730D782E.jpeg

And started installing the drivers seat.

60AD4015-C976-4035-8609-70C581A1BB22.jpeg

I need to source some additional hardware for the seat and find the pivot bolts somewhere in the parts stash.

@davework , can you please tell me where the different Phillips hardware goes in your fender kit?

Hopefully you received more hardware than what is pictured in the Fender Kit? If not, please message me and I need to get you out some addl hardware. There should be some M8s in there.

Here is a list of the hardware I pulled from my 79 during disassembly. There are so many variations on the odds and ends that attach to the fender, that there isn't an easy answer to the question. We assembled the Fender Kit so that there would be enough hardware to do all variations plus some extra. You'll see my 79 has zero phillips hardware. But the pan head sems are all over the 40, so they can be used for odds and ends on the firewall as well. The oval heads machine screws are not applicable to the fender, I need to remove from the kit, just have not yet, so those are extras as well.

HI = Hex Indented, SW = captured split washer, FW = captured flat washer, HX = Hex Nut

Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 4.32.17 PM.png

Hopefully you received more hardware than what is pictured in the Fender Kit? If not, please message me and I need to get you out some addl hardware. There should be some M8s in there.

Here is a list of the hardware I pulled from my 79 during disassembly. There are so many variations on the odds and ends that attach to the fender, that there isn't an easy answer to the question. We assembled the Fender Kit so that there would be enough hardware to do all variations plus some extra. You'll see my 79 has zero phillips hardware. But the pan head sems are all over the 40, so they can be used for odds and ends on the firewall as well. The oval heads machine screws are not applicable to the fender, I need to remove from the kit, just have not yet, so those are extras as well.

HI = Hex Indented, SW = captured split washer, FW = captured flat washer, HX = Hex Nut

View attachment 2229111

Thank you, I used the M8 to hang the fenders in place already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom