Builds Removing SBC conversion, going back to Toyota. 1972 Frame Off (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Focusing on the Saginaw mount, I made a spacer for the lower front mounting holes, sourced a 1/2" bolt from lowes and tried a shorter belt. The shorter belt, threw everything off. Reinstalling the TR22455 15mmx1172mm belts made the pulley alignment better. I'm going to think about overnight, but might slot the bracket holes at the block to allow a small adjustment towards the rear of the engine....
20170301_100916.jpg

Shorter belt:

20170301_110424.jpg

TR22455:

20170301_134238.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good man, getting those brackets right are a PITA. Looks like you got it pretty darn close.

Thanks, I used Mark's bracket. I've got it dialed in now. I just need to take it apart, sandblast, repaint and reassemble.

COOL, glad you got it worked out.

I know I had to fiddle with mine for a day or two to get everything worked out. My bracket is home made using a rifle barrel blank and the bracket from the smog pump and modified part of the saginaw bracket.

I was looking at using PPG paint. What are your thoughts?

If I was painting myself, I'd probably use PPG as I have a good local supplier. It's probably more important to make sure that all of your products will work together than the brand. If you havnt shopped yet, be prepared for sticker shock.

Glasurit is the only paint that our shop will use, so thats what we are getting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom