Rear seat questions and differences thread for 55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here’s one with split second row, rear jumps and ambulance doors. Happy to go look at it if anyone is serious about it. And I mean really serious.

View attachment 2893186

View attachment 2893187
Beautiful truck... but I gotta ask the more experienced here two questions about it...
Did toyota make a barn door 55 in 77? In any market?
And the front doors appear to have the early 77 hard angle as opposed to the late model 77's, and later?
Did a PO install the barn doors on an earlier model ... I like it either way...

Beautiful truck... but I gotta ask the more experienced here two questions about it...
Did toyota make a barn door 55 in 77? In any market?
And the front doors appear to have the early 77 hard angle as opposed to the late model 77's, and later?
Did a PO install the barn doors on an earlier model ... I like it either way...
General Countries 1977 has barn doors according to the parts diagram. No idea about the front doors.

Edit: Doors look just like my 10/76 1977 model. Not sure what your point is on the late vs early '77 doors?

Last edited:
General Countries 1977 has barn doors according to the parts diagram. No idea about the front doors.

Edit: Doors look just like my 10/76 1977 model. Not sure what your point is on the late vs early '77 doors?
I think I'm correct on this point: During the 77 model year run, at some point Toyota changed the angle on the top front window frame/glass,, Mid production year change.. my May 77 has the curved frame/glass.. Not sure what month Toyota changed it...

And I do like those barn doors...

I was unaware Toyota made barn doors prior to 78.. I was thinking someone really skilled had taken an earlier model and converted a drop tailgate w/glass roll down window to barn doors....

I was thinking someone really skilled had taken an earlier model and converted a drop tailgate w/glass roll down window to barn doors....
Seriously doubt anyone here would bother.

Edit: looks like General Countries had a barn door option all the way back to 03/69.

Last edited:
There were a couple guys thinking it over, even had the doors. You have to cut the azz end off and weld on the different body shape for the doors. Pass.....

There were a couple guys thinking it over, even had the doors. You have to cut the azz end off and weld on the different body shape for the doors. Pass.....
I'm not a fan of changing body style of an already gorgeous truck....but I would like to see a barn door example with those forward tilting seats....
If one ever comes up for sale I'd have to think about it...

I'm not a fan of changing body style of an already gorgeous truck....but I would like to see a barn door example with those forward tilting seats....
There's a 78 green/white on BaT that sold in 5/20/19 that has the barn doors and flip seats along with the rear side seating.... NICE

There's a 78 green/white on BaT that sold in 5/20/19 that has the barn doors and flip seats along with the rear side seating.... NICE
I remember that one, yeah if only eh?

lol What's wrong with the one I showed you?

Double engines... LOL
That's actually one of the more benign translations I've seen. You wouldn't believe how some of the language comes up when you run it through a translator.

I think that was bought by a Mud member in Utah. It showed up at the The Land Cruiser Heritage Museum for PP2019

1642528873338.png

1642528922599.png

@Delancy

Where is that guy? Built up a Boss Pig w/ all kinds on non-USA fun and then ditched us...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom