Rear Disc Brakes... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

go to the very first post in this thread - Poser's telephone number is in his signature line: 612-695-1881

go to the very first post in this thread - Poser's telephone number is in his signature line: 612-695-1881
Yep I saw that, I've tried several times to PM him and have ran more searches than I can count, and was still uncertain if he was still selling them. I saw one thread where he said he was out and didn't plan on ordering any more, it was however an old thread. Glad he is still selling these brackets sounds like he's the go to man for this swap.

Thanks

I don't know whether he is still selling them - call him

Poser - what torque are you using on the bolts that hold the brackets to the axle flanges? These are the bolts that were supplied with your brackets. I have searched this for a while and can't seem to find a definitive answer.

It's been too long since I installed my "poser" brackets so I don't remember the size of the bolts.

Anyway, what size are the bolts? What grade are they? I don't have one off the top of my head, but there are charts out there that show the torque values for the bolt size and grade.

Don

Poser - what torque are you using on the bolts that hold the brackets to the axle flanges? These are the bolts that were supplied with your brackets. I have searched this for a while and can't seem to find a definitive answer.

To secure the caliper bracket to the axle flange, I send grade 8, fine thread, 3/8 bolts with metal locking nuts.

Torque them to 45 foot-pounds.

Last edited:
Res. again.

Where is the closest / best option for Rear Disc Swap brackets here in Central Kansas?

That's why I posted on this thread, I've tried to PM him several times and I always get an error message. Was hoping someone could help me out. If Poser is still selling them I can call him on Monday.
Thanks

Yep I saw that, I've tried several times to PM him and have ran more searches than I can count, and was still uncertain if he was still selling them. I saw one thread where he said he was out and didn't plan on ordering any more, it was however an old thread. Glad he is still selling these brackets sounds like he's the go to man for this swap.

Thanks

Yes, I am still supplying caliper brackets, modified/machined and ready to go rotors, caliper hoses/banjo bolts/copper sealing washers, tombstone hose tabs and clips, rear axle seals and differential cover gaskets, along with some other components as well.

Feel free to give me a call at 612.695.1881, anytime.

-Steve

Steve Rocks!
I have these on my FJ40 I've installed two other kits for friends and I'm thinking of doing it on my fj60. Love the power of the disc!

another old thread coming up @bsevans showed a brake line with a bent banjo side at 90 degrees. anyone have a part number for a bent line like that?
bent brake line.jpg

On my rear discs, I used a rear brake line from a 1983 Nissan 200SX. My only complaint is that they were a little short, but I was able to make them work. NAPA Part #38149. They have a Banjo on one side, and a 10mm flared fitting on the other.

Final Line Routing.JPG

Thanks, my caliper is mounted on the rear side, much like that picture above, and to have that bleed screw on top as it should be it puts the line very low, so the cleanest look wih the brake line not dropping down with a loop to grab onto a passing branch and get ripped off, is to use a 90 degree bend. After spending an hour at NAPA looking at every available OEM hose, and only finding the Lexus with a 30 -45 degree bend I gave up. After much searching, I was finally able to find the parts in the Russell catalog. They use a line that is a -3an fitting with adapters on each end. Amazon gave them to Mr. Brown to get to me quickly......

Thanks,

I need some brake hose help. I can't remember what I used the first time but I need to replace a hose. I just bought a mid-80s Monte Carlo brake hose and the hard line side has the wrong thread. The hard line fitting is a 10mm. The hose I bought has 3/8-24 thread. The one I need is a 1/8NPT. Any thoughts?

Wrong vehicle application I'd say - mid '80's was the worst period for GM changing between metric and SAE parts , lot of mix and match going on . Take you old hose with you , and find an older and more knowledgeable parts counter monkey - they should be able to figure it out . I'd bet on post-'87 parts....
Sarge

Isn't the typical rear disc conversion hose a Raybestos BH38149. I believe it has the banjo fitting on the caliper end and 10mm on the other. I seem to recall that it has a fat banjo, so you need longer banjo bolts (Dorman 484-205.1 or GM 88891786).

I don't understand what the 1/8NPT, that you mention, is all about.

I need some brake hose help. I can't remember what I used the first time but I need to replace a hose. I just bought a mid-80s Monte Carlo brake hose and the hard line side has the wrong thread. The hard line fitting is a 10mm. The hose I bought has 3/8-24 thread. The one I need is a 1/8NPT. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Isn't the typical rear disc conversion hose a Raybestos BH38149. I believe it has the banjo fitting on the caliper end and 10mm on the other. I seem to recall that it has a fat banjo, so you need longer banjo bolts (Dorman 484-205.1 or GM 88891786).

I don't understand what the 1/8NPT, that you mention, is all about.

Thanks for that part number. Huge help!
As far as the 1/8NPT, that was the size tap that fit the female end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom