Random WTF Pig For Sale Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's the next installment in this thread:

Crazy money being bid so early. I don't get it.

Interesting!
A carby 1FZ, w/ no air cleaner visible, unless it is in the snorkel? The pictures show the carb intake going away from the snorkel hole in the side apron though....

Looks like they made a GX rear door? I wonder how durable that will be? Looks like a lot of weight on the DS hinges.

Funky lines on the tub!

Shackle angles on the front looks rough.

Interesting!
A carby 1FZ, w/ no air cleaner visible, unless it is in the snorkel? The pictures show the carb intake going away from the snorkel hole in the side apron though....

Good catch; I didn't even look at the photos or think about the snorkel being on the wrong side. The one progress photo shows the carb inlet headed in the right direction as the air cleaner is supposed to be on the passenger side. I wonder if they ran the carb inlet straight off the snorkle without any filtration?

If that's the case then it's definitely worth $40K. :rofl:

Well I couldn't help myself. I waded in there and asked the question.

I will be curious what they say!

Also, I can't imagine they fixed the top to the tub, but does anyone see the seem where the top lifts off the tub?
Maybe it is obscured by the little body lines they added...

The seller seems to be going down a rabbit hole on whether or not it's a US cruiser. Will be fun to watch.

It is a square, yes? So if it is a US '79+, it will need a cat. EFI would have been a no brainer.
But a carby 1FZ has that cool non-USDM bling...

It is a square, yes? So if it is a US '79+, it will need a cat. EFI would have been a no brainer.
But a carby 1FZ has that cool non-USDM bling...

They're calling it a 1968?? But the bezel does look square. I guess it's a Johnny Cash special.

Last edited:
Is the funky line you’re talking about in this pic?

That is interesting about the driver side snorkel. Not even attached in the engine pic for some reason.

963A3CCA-8454-4203-A9FE-6ACD6E035027.jpeg

There are new photos posted. He put the air cleaner in the proper place but ran a tube all the way back to the driver's side to the snorkel. Why not just put the snorkel on the correct side? Crazy.

Is the funky line you’re talking about in this pic?

That is interesting about the driver side snorkel. Not even attached in the engine pic for some reason.

Yes, in that pic.

The reason is snorkels look cool. No need to hook them up, that does not increase the cool factor...

So, now that we picked it apart and none of us would spend $40k on it, how high do you all think it’ll go? It’s The People’s Republik of Cali, emission exempt, with a nice interior and exterior. I say it goes for $58k. Anyone else?

Not sure why, perhaps out of morbid curiosity, but I just took a look at the bids. Current high bidder just joined and has made a few over the top complimentary comments about the rig along the way. My guess is he's a shill bidder.

Yes, very fishy. Someone just joins and lays down several bids ending at $43K. I guess we're to believe that they've been a lurker just waiting for a 1FZ-F FJ40 to become available. The rate that this 40 went to $43K was phenomenal.

I’ve considered putting a 1fz-fe / h151f combo with a TRD supercharger in my 40, rather than the 5.7 vortec (with the cracked cylinder head) that’s in there now.

it would be less power, and more work, but way more “kewl” factor than just dropping a gm performance l31 long block replacement into the truck. But it’s just a 40.

that body (and perhaps the whole truck) had to have come out of SA somewhere.

Man I would have never, ever predicted it would go for $66k. I hope whoever bought it intends to use it and not sit on it.

Man I would have never, ever predicted it would go for $66k. I hope whoever bought it intends to use it and not sit on it.

My first glance of $66k was the same reaction :oops:o_O:eek:. However, after thinking about it from the perspective of "how much would it cost to build that?" I must say I'm a little less surprised. If someone were using a professional restoration/hot rod shop they would pay that much and more to get the same rig. Engine swap, full tub repaint, full interior....it all adds up to big $$$. Instead, they write a check and instantly have a cool vintage Landcruiser to cruise around in. Only the small Cruiserhead community will know the square bezel and all the other things wrong with the build but the general population will admire it at the local cars-n-coffee event. As you said, I hope they enjoy it rather than just trying to flip it again as something like Barrett Jackson 2021 coming up in January.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom