Random WTF Pig For Sale Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

39k?? For a 1997 can this be possible?

This is when you start seeing investments change to personal interests!! If you can h a ng on long enough that you won't lose! Same thing happened with muscle cars after the stock market crashed 😑 😕! Rich bought and held onto and drove prices up!! Ther was a time when Mopars weren't worth 💩, but everything else was bought so Rich started buying Mopars, increased values

39k?? For a 1997 can this be possible?

I will hazard a guess that most show room sales of this model went to the not so rough and tumble crowd. People who’s driveways are decorative and have garages that have painted floor. Roughing it would be going out on a cold day to play a round of golf. These are not a group rebellious upstarts. It was their daily driver to the office. I new a few wealthy wild children who could afford brand new 80’s to got to baja to surf. Since the advent of the word “overlanding” most people are looking for bucket seats to take them to the promised land, so the bench seat is only for the faint of heart.

As I have surmised while hanging with this group, most of us cut our teeth behind the wheels of some very primitive crates. It was about driving what ever we could get our hands on. Thats how we got to the promised land. Now, 50 years later I still would rather be riding on a bench seat, one of my crates has the luxury of A/C, but for my other car, it has wing widows. Could I buy a modern version, sure, what for? I wouldn’t feel the trail!!!

Its like sports cars, the more modern, the less you feel the road. I want to feel the dirt under my feet and the rock biting my tires.

No offense intended to those with buckets seats.

sorry, my mouth may have got lost.

cheers

Trophy trucks!!! I’d rather have a trophy helicopter... just sayin

I will hazard a guess that most show room sales of this model went to the not so rough and tumble crowd. People who’s driveways are decorative and have garages that have painted floor. Roughing it would be going out on a cold day to play a round of golf. These are not a group rebellious upstarts. It was their daily driver to the office. I new a few wealthy wild children who could afford brand new 80’s to got to baja to surf. Since the advent of the word “overlanding” most people are looking for bucket seats to take them to the promised land, so the bench seat is only for the faint of heart.

As I have surmised while hanging with this group, most of us cut our teeth behind the wheels of some very primitive crates. It was about driving what ever we could get our hands on. Thats how we got to the promised land. Now, 50 years later I still would rather be riding on a bench seat, one of my crates has the luxury of A/C, but for my other car, it has wing widows. Could I buy a modern version, sure, what for? I wouldn’t feel the trail!!!

Its like sports cars, the more modern, the less you feel the road. I want to feel the dirt under my feet and the rock biting my tires.

No offense intended to those with buckets seats.

sorry, my mouth may have got lost.

cheers
I love the bench seat on my 1969 FJ55!! I will admit that I do plan on redoing the upholstery with some extra padding at some point. Of course what I might consider extra padding might be just what was originally there rather than the direct seating on springs/metal of my current bench seat.

D67891B8-3798-4F20-B681-16C0E7F0EEA2.jpeg

Not my cup of tea either but I bet the owner has $35K+ in the project and maybe more like +++. It also has Kali registration which probably brings a premium for any restomod.

I am really intrigued by the 1FZ- F engine but I agree that maybe the 1FZ-FE might be a better choice. I’d like one of those in my pig someday since the original F from 1969 just doesn’t go. Originally I was thinking about a 1981+ 2F that was souped up by Mosley Motors but maybe this is a different/better idea?

I have a 1994 FZJ75 pickup with the 1FZ-F and a 1997 FZJ80 with the 1FZ-FE. Of course I would always take fuel injected over carburated but other than pumping the pedal a few times before cranking the pickup I really can't tell any difference driving them. The pickup is a lot lighter than the 80 so I'm sure that helps but either one should push a pig pretty well.

The 1FZ-F was only available outside of the US? Must be why I’ve never heard of it. 3F in FJ-62 in 1990, then 1FZ-FE in 80 series starting in 1991. That’s all I’m aware of that was offered in the US.

Actually the 80 series kept the 3F until 1993. Yes, the 1FZ-F was never offered in the US, at least not in a passenger vehicle (Maybe in a forklift?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom