Builds PZJ70 build-refurbish!? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ah a center console has been something I've been brainstorming for a while for the 70. Everyone needs a place to put their venti non-fat soy spiced chai latte :ninja: on the way to Hells Revenge.

The guys in question are pretty great from what I've seen. After seeing their other work, I have no doubt they will make something killer. :D I have a feeling the Troopy will be getting more than a few parts from these guys. More to come.

Side windows with all new gaskets and hardware installed.

DD79913C-C880-43FE-B825-97ABFECCB4D3.jpeg

It seems the 70 is the only one that doesn’t use butyl tape on these gaskets. So as per the FSM, I just put them in. Didn’t use the rope method either and I did it myself.

No leaks and the drains work well.

Cheers

Back to the original plan of having my local friends at Delta/Greenspeed build us a console. Happy about this, it was/is a time issue but I think we can get it done before the truck is ready for it's new home.

And fyi 70-owners, these guys do very nice work and have very innovative designs. They are interested in making products for the 70-series. Here is a link to their 80-series bumpers, they have much more they are currently building for 80's as well.

Delta Vehicle Systems FJ/FZJ80 front bumper now available

Cheers

@RMP&O I have my old stock tank out of an HZJ77, if you want it to replace. Although mine has the rear storage compartment, so the tank mounts are different in the back not sure if the tank itself is different. I can send you some pics.

@RMP&O I have my old stock tank out of an HZJ77, if you want it to replace. Although mine has the rear storage compartment, so the tank mounts are different in the back not sure if the tank itself is different. I can send you some pics.

A few pics would be very cool. I have found a tank but not decided what I am doing.

Thank you!

Cheers

Turning out to be a really nice cruiser. Love the upgrades, some of which I am inspired to do on my own.

Turning out to be a really nice cruiser. Love the upgrades, some of which I am inspired to do on my own.

Thanks!!

I have got a coat of POR15 down on the back of the trucks wheel wells and under the floor. Oh ya I also sealed up the taillight housings.

AAA94F6E-487A-42B6-9560-19D7758DB00D.jpeg

4F48B31F-2F46-4BF4-83A0-BE26F0C858AD.jpeg

AA2F4C00-1E2E-4AC1-92B9-C56A88A2A6C2.jpeg

Going back in for the second coat in a hot minute.

Cheers

All done with the POR15 back here.

23F33FFF-4B99-41DC-BD88-3445DB5DDA0C.jpeg

64470016-1BE4-42DB-8457-EBBE42BC4A11.jpeg

This is where I patched the back of the rocker on the LHS.

34A0DB52-C4D9-494D-B66B-4A7476118B83.jpeg

I still have some more POR15 I am going to do on the rockers and front wheel wells. I am also spraying some 3M rubberized undercoating in the wheel wells and laying down a very small amount of Raptorliner in high wear areas.

Cheers

Do you worry about any of the threaded holes? Or do you just chase them afterwards with a tap?

Do you worry about any of the threaded holes? Or do you just chase them afterwards with a tap?

I deal with them a variety of ways. One I will leave a bolt in the hole. Two I be careful if I can not to goop up the holes. And yes three, chase them with a tap if needed.

Also I use star washers on all my grounds so after paint I still get a good bite on those bolts.

Cheers

are you planning to use the 80 series axle or just cut parts of it to put on the 70? 80 axles are wider no?

are you planning to use the 80 series axle or just cut parts of it to put on the 70? 80 axles are wider no?

Using axle brackets from the 80 axle since Toyota doesn’t sell those. Using the 80 radius arms since they are the same as 70. That is all I am using from the 80.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom