Builds Project Rehab (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I can host a HAMMON, but this is the time that everyone is focused on thier rigs for Relic Run, GSMTR, and other Spring/Summer events.

Pretty sure 90% of that crew does their preparation maintenance after their rig is already broken half way down the trail. Or at camp before it even gets unloaded off the trailer. :lol:

Thank you for the compliment, and suggestion.

Linking would be awesome, but time is against me at the moment. I bit off way more than i can chew. Thought this was going to be a 6 month build, which i think im at a year in a half now. I start terminal leave for retirement this November, with a retirement date of March 1, 2025. I need to get it to a statis where I can take pics, show Japan, and ask them if it'll be legit to send there or not.

I also have some brand new HellFire knuckles sitting in the box that I might have to sell 🙄. Though I know it's a 🍌 jog right now that I have the axles out. . .I don't
have a welder at my spot, and don't have the knowledge/knowing placement of fabbing a new panhard mount (since im not linked). I can host a HAMMON, but this is the time that everyone is focused on thier rigs for Relic Run, GSMTR, and other Spring/Summer events.
I definitely have a lot more time in mine than what I planned on that's for sure. Track bar was what took the longest by far.
Itll be interesting to hear what Japan has to say about taking it over there. IIRC they were really strict, and had some odd ball rules about tire size, bumper heights, suspension mods, but that was almost 25 years ago on Okinawa... DAMN, didn't realize that till right now!!! lol

Finally got my driveshafts in.
20240321_191148.jpg

Only took about a month in a half 🙄. Called Tatton, ordered, said they'll be shipped the following week. Each week I called, they'll be out the night week. Then I called and said don't send because I'll be gone for a week (thinking they'll be finished). Called when I returned and the same story. Called a two weeks ago, said they were done and going out the following day, but when I called last week, they were on the bench and finishing them up 🤔. Anyway, the are here now. . .should of went with Tim Wood's like I initially planned.

Caveat. I have had Tatton driveshaft before and they were pretty good.

Finished up the front axles and installing a few other things that's been laying around the house this weekend.

20240324_100241.jpg

Added the front Slee's 4" springs, drag link and tie rod; Dobinson's adjustable front panhard bar.
20240324_160722.jpg

Fox 2.0 front shocks; braided brake lines; Slee billet front control arms.
20240324_160745.jpg

RCV Chromoly front axles; 100 series front brake pads; and Wit's End knuckle huggers.
20240324_161007.jpg

Also.had enough daylight to give the LC a quick rinse to knock off some pollen.
20240324_170025.jpg

Last edited:
Love this build just as much as your previous build. You taking this one to Japan?
Thank you. The plan is to take it to Japan. I'll contact them I'm a fee months to see what they say.

Thank you. The plan is to take it to Japan. I'll contact them I'm a fee months to see what they say.
I know of a few people that brought their USDM vehicles to Japan and it was expensive, something like $5K that was back in 2009.

Y
I know of a few people that brought their USDM vehicles to Japan and it was expensive, something like $5K that was back in 2009.
Yeah, I think last time I checked it was about $7000 to get it there, and $3000 to make it Japan approved.

Just annotating add-ons to the LC. Had a moment while the sun is setting to put on @LandCruiserPhil rear heavy duty swaybar links, put the rear swaybar on, with Wit'sEnd swaybar bushing caps.
20240325_184718.jpg
20240325_184728.jpg
20240325_184750.jpg

I'm going to stick with the stock swaybar for this build. My other LC had the heavy-duty front and rear swaybars. I think they were great for handling on thr road, but had stiff articulation off-road.

Pretty sure 90% of that crew does their preparation maintenance after their rig is already broken half way down the trail. Or at camp before it even gets unloaded off the trailer. :lol:

@AJR ^^^^ lol

Super clean set up and proud to be part of your awesome build

Pro install tip: Slide a large wrench along side of the Heim to align/center and then tighten jam nut.
Thanks for the Pro-tip. . Corrected.
20240326_165621.jpg

Bled the brakes and tighten up some little bits and pieces. I really like this "Speedi Bleed" thing.
20240326_152638.jpg

As soon as I pressurized the system, it showed me all my loose brake line connections 😅

So many bubbles and dirty brake fuild. I sure this thing hasn't been serviced since 1994 🤦🏾‍♂️

Here's an example of the last brake (DS).
20240326_152811.jpg
20240326_152929.jpg

Man this is looking great!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom