Project Rosie Ruby the Poverty Princess (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How did you get the artist to do it without a picture? Did you explain how it was going to look?

How did you get the artist to do it without a picture? Did you explain how it was going to look?
Haha, yep! I sent AJ these two pictures and then let him do his thing!

IMG_5886.jpeg

IMG_5939.jpeg

OK, its been a week! tick toc...... In for updates, thanks

I'm so conflicted here. It's like a poverty pack truck won the lottery :)
Best of all worlds :cool:

OK, its been a week! tick toc...... In for updates, thanks
The relentlessness of you guys wanting updates does provide some serious motivation and thanks for your commitment to this build!

Alright where were we.... Engine bay stuff. Ok so to be honest not a lot has progressed because we got a temporary stablemate for Rosie that was slated before paint got brought into the mixture BUT the turbo is 99% plumbed, attaching to the factory exhaust is all that is left. While installing the last of the turbo stuff we shot part 2 of our installation series. Rosie is going to be an viral internet star! For anyone who wants to watch here's Part 1

Radiator is in, all new hoses with new Toyota clamps, new fan, new fan clutch, and new shroud. The biggest news to date is that we settled on a hard hard deadline..... CRUISE MOAB! We're going to MOAB (can't help but think of this gem of a 1st gen 4runner review when saying "We're going to MOAB") so if you too are going to Moab come check out Rosie on Vender night.

The stablemate... @ttFJC 's 97 LX450, 220K, 37 Toyo MT's on Trail Gear beadlocks... Turbo, Sumo 3:1's, full exhaust and fixing a ton of stuff including the kickdown cable. We have new Toyota kickdown cables if anyone needs one. Will also be at Cruise Moab
PXL_20240304_185159786.jpg

Turbo install complete. Got some vacuum caps to cover all the ends of the TBolt clamps, I do believe every kit from here on out will have those added as it's a nice touch and helps make it look more complete in my mind. It's a tiny detail but details matter. what do you all think? In the kit we also provide a MAF extension harness so that you do not have to cut your factory harness, I definitely was not going to cut the brand new harness we put in.
PXL_20240304_185212341.jpg

Gauges mounted and how the wires are routed behind
PXL_20240220_000250721.MP.jpg

PXL_20240304_232558524 (1).jpg

And a random shot I was taking for the gram that was so good with the Turbo backdrop.
PXL_20240216_210353110.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

Should have tagged @matzell so that he could keep us honest with weekly updates!

So Rosie went on a field trip today!!!!

But not under her own power yet haha she went to Cruisers and Company's new home. Excited about the new space and having room to work on all the projects including finishing Rosie. Worst possible time to move with trying to wrap up 3 major projects before Cruise Moab but this will allow us to be so much more efficient!
PXL_20240320_152829761.jpg

PXL_20240320_181603261.jpg

PXL_20240320_194055043.jpg

But not under her own power yet haha she went to Cruisers and Company's new home. Excited about the new space and having room to work on all the projects including finishing Rosie. Worst possible time to move with trying to wrap up 3 major projects before Cruise Moab but this will allow us to be so much more efficient!
View attachment 3587314
View attachment 3587315
View attachment 3587313
Will we get to see Ruby at Cruise Moab ?

View attachment 3587314
View attachment 3587315
View attachment 3587313

The new shop is amazing man! Congratulations!!

I unfortunately won’t be at Cruise Moab but the rig will certainly be there.

The new shop is amazing man! Congratulations!!

I unfortunately won’t be at Cruise Moab but the rig will certainly be there.

That’s what I’m talking about. Nice work team. Solid companionship and teamwork.

Wish more people in the Land Cruiser world understood the give and take and importance of support that this build has.

That’s what I’m talking about. Nice work team. Solid companionship and teamwork.

Wish more people in the Land Cruiser world understood the give and take and importance of support that this build has.

Absolutely man! Hell if it sells more of Johnny’s turbos, I’d even let people test it out. Seriously.

Like the hoky pokey…It’s what it’s all about!

Last edited:
Absolutely man! Hell if it sells more of Johnny’s turbos, I’d even let people test it out. Seriously.

Like the hooky pokey…It’s what it’s all about!
Will this be at SAS#8?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom