Need help pricing a 1993 project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I purchased a 1993 Land Cruiser several years ago. It ran great for a couple of years. I started having issues with a rich code and problems with the distributor. About 6 months ago it wouldn't start so I parked it. I recently decided to work on it again, had a mechanic look at it who replaced the distributor and got it started, but it doesn't run very well. It dies when putting it into gear. It has a code 83, 84, and 85 which is loss of communication with the ECU. I noticed some harnesses were unplugged from (what I think is) the TCM behind the glove box. I assume the mechanic did this? I plugged them back in, but the codes remain.

I had some good years with it and I'm ready to move on. I'd like to sell it, but not sure how to price it. There is some small damage to the front passenger fender. I have a replacement bumper and fender flare to repair it. Clear coat is starting to fade on the hood. Interior is in good condition for its age. 210k miles.

Any ideas what I should ask?

It is probably worth more parted out than what you'll get for a non-running vehicle with body damage. Now that some of the pandemic vehicle pricing silliness has run its course, I've been seeing running/driving 80s for $6-8k. I don't think the market is huge for a 30 year old, non-running rig with body damage. You might get lucky and find someone who will pay a couple of grand to get some spares or part it out. Get it running and you might fare better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom