Builds Project Patina-November 1968 FJ-40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Two year flashback to a snow day in Mississippi

8E049161-928A-4B3F-87F1-B34667BD6B31.jpeg

Got the Koito lights installed. It was a little more involved the way I have the lights done with my home made wiring harness.

I’ve also never had brights as the floor switch was where the fire was years ago that melted the harness.

I added the brights via a toggle switch.

Ghetto but functional.

9E185D2B-0BD4-4981-8A37-4209B355DA9A.jpeg

"Ghetto but functional"...love it!

"Ghetto but functional"...love it!

I was discussing with someone the other day about Patina and how I could never sell it.
They were like “oh yes you could, it’s the best one you have”

I said, no I mean I would not DO that to someone.

When I rewired it I used a huge spool of black 14g wire. Nothing is labeled. It all works great but only I know where all this stuff goes.

I’ve learned since then not to do that ....

I was discussing with someone the other day about Patina and how I could never sell it.
They were like “oh yes you could, it’s the best one you have”

I said, no I mean I would not DO that to someone.

When I rewired it I used a huge spool of black 14g wire. Nothing is labeled. It all works great but only I know where all this stuff goes.

I’ve learned since then not to do that ....
You're a good man. There is nothing more frustrating than trying to sort through someone else's wiring disaster.

I'll be taking all of your lessons learned and applying them to "Tina", my 67. She'll end up almost a carbon copy, with the small block chevy the exception...just too big a PITA to go back to a 2F.

67%20patina%20front%20full-L.jpg

Need to decide if I go with stock spring/OME shackle set up like Patina or an OME 2.5 like Weenie 3. Otherwise, I'm cloning yours.

As always, thanks for all of the documentation and bringing us along for the ride.

You're a good man. There is nothing more frustrating than trying to sort through someone else's wiring disaster.

I'll be taking all of your lessons learned and applying them to "Tina", my 67. She'll end up almost a carbon copy, with the small block chevy the exception...just too big a PITA to go back to a 2F.

Need to decide if I go with stock spring/OME shackle set up like Patina or an OME 2.5 like Weenie 3. Otherwise, I'm cloning yours.

As always, thanks for all of the documentation and bringing us along for the ride.

I really prefer the no lift for every situation. It steers and drives so good. I basically run the same size tires as well as on a lifted truck.

I’ve been meaning to ask TPI Bob if he still sells stock replacement.

Your truck is pimp.

I really prefer the no lift for every situation. It steers and drives so good. I basically run the same size tires as well as on a lifted truck.

I’ve been meaning to ask TPI Bob if he still sells stock replacement.

Your truck is pimp.
I consider that the highest of praise!

My rear springs are pretty shot. Part of the reason for considering OME, though your bag solution seams like a good option, especially as I will run the top off in summer, and I'm still not sure if I'll keep the aux tank in the back or not. Big weight swings. I'm definitely leaning toward stockish, City racer 16's and 235/85.

Beautiful truck @navydivedoc... not helping my urge to sell mine and find an aged looking one.

@wngrog I've just searched your thread and missed/can't find info on your suspension. So you have stock springs with OME shackles? That's it? And you're running true 33's?

Beautiful truck @navydivedoc... not helping my urge to sell mine and find an aged looking one.

@wngrog I've just searched your thread and missed/can't find info on your suspension. So you have stock springs with OME shackles? That's it? And you're running true 33's?

Yeah I pulled the springs and cleaned them and fluid filmed between and put a new spring pin in.

New short OME shackles and pins with rubber bushings.

These tires are 31” tall mounted .....taller than a 33” KM3 and about 1/2” less than a KM2 as seen in my friends truck with the same suspension setup. His Fenders are cut tho

07AFF2E8-65BA-4956-BC2A-94D97EB51C29.jpeg

Got the Koito lights installed. It was a little more involved the way I have the lights done with my home made wiring harness.

I’ve also never had brights as the floor switch was where the fire was years ago that melted the harness.

I added the brights via a toggle switch.

Ghetto but functional.

View attachment 2155009

the headlights stick out too much - because you don't have spacers. OEM, the bezel is spaced out by rubber sleeves (of ~1cm length) around the mounting screws

the headlights stick out too much - because you don't have spacers. OEM, the bezel is spaced out by rubber sleeves (of ~1cm length) around the mounting screws

they are designed that way. This truck has the correct bezel spacers and they still do. They are just super deep there at the Lens

0CAD9132-57E4-485F-B655-5801D9E45A11.jpeg

60E64AC7-492C-43D8-A967-DB5C5CE46FEC.jpeg

That’s a nice price, especially for ethanol free. I can’t find that here in AZ without going to a racing shop and buying it in 1 gallon cans... at a significant premium to what you are paying there. Super jealous.

I always like to have a fresh speed run video on file for the poor saps that can’t go over 50 in their 40s ........

I always like to have a fresh speed run video on file for the poor saps that can’t go over 50 in their 40s ........

What kind of cigar is that?

It won't be the 2-post lift that gets 'ya.

Rough Rider Lonedale

Pretty gay name but it’s my brand. I don’t smoke but one kind.

I thought you were a baccarat man.

No more Baccarat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom