Builds Project Patina-November 1968 FJ-40 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah we dove into that project unprepared. My fault. I had a gasket kit not a seal and gasket kit.

It's cool. It's coming.

I ordered this s*** last night.

It's expensive but it's the touches like this that make this build cool.

View attachment 1296887

Where did you buy this line kit from?

Greek. Holy s***.

Seriously. It's likely going to end up in your bay for the first fire.

I think I'm going to move on to s*** I can do.

I'm getting close to the end of the above which is a good and a bad thing.

Reading all this makes me feel much better knowing that I too can some day learn to be a Jedi Warrior.

Reading all this makes me feel much better knowing that I too can some day learn to be a Jedi Warrior.
first you got to get hooked up with some good Alderaan royalty
Well there are several steps my young padawan. Here are some but not all.

You got to have time. Nothing else matters except your training. Work must be only a minimum amount of time. Minutes not hours. And those minutes must pay big. Time management is what makes a great Jedi. The newest show on Hulu a Jedi know not. The mistresses of Valentia must be ignored for your love now is of the 10 digit Toyota part number and not of the 2 breast and mystical joys of the dark side. Oils now will bring a whole new meaning for use, still used at night as you while away at the mysteries of the Toyota third member. For my padawan, this is your road. If you want to be your corner of Muds, Luke.

You got to have a special princess. one that allows for all the training and pays for the training. And only needs her gardens and Lululemons. This is why so many Jedi want to be's fail. For they can not escape from the darkside. The dark side is always calling about the child's dentist appointment, stopping at the Whole Foods for Almond milk, paying for the children's tuition , going to the beach with the inlaws. The inlaws that have no money....

You must have new friends. Old friends bring the old ways. Say by to your fraternity brothers. OLE Miss football is only fun if you win all the time anyway. Golf buddies are of their own religion and you CAN NOT make the Gods of the Rising Sun and the Gods of Augusta happy in the same time. You may be able to stay friends with your hunting buddies because they will admire your knowledge of how a 4 wheel drive really works. For a Jedis knowledge is deep and wide. But do not expect to be able to keep up with them and their weapons. Only a few Jedi are able to adapt to and can afford two different Jedi quest.

And this leads us my young padawan to the next thing you will need on your tool belt. You must find a way how not to max out your American Express, Chase Ink, Capitol One and Discover Card in the same month. For the path of a Jedi is more expensive than the Crown jewels of Naboo. You must have a large estate of Jedi family and your special princess must come from either a large Jedi estate as well or sell only the best spice in all the galaxy. And sell it well she must! For your quest depends on it.

You have to have a temple of sorts with on the best of Milwaukee, leave you Dewalt saber at the door. For training without proper equipment, try you can, fail you will...
Which leads us my padawan to the next thing you will need.

Fellow Jedi. Some that are at the level you want to obtain or some to pick up something heavy using their back or their mind doesn't matter, Just move the damned transmission. Some you will take on a quest, but not too many. Also on your quest to become a jedi must be able on your leave at a moments notice to continue on your quest while your other jedi compatriots are still folding up their roof top tents.

My padawan you must have to respect your elders until you become a 35,000 message level Jedi and then from your temple on Canton you can bring down edicts and throw out influences like astroids from the Fields of Fyrth.

And above all else. you must have the right pants...

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!

Last edited:
I’ll have to re read that when I’m not speeding along I-20 carting the Special Princess home from a spa weekend but I’m pretty sure it’s spot on.

That right there, is straight from the old Jedi prophecy books.
1618837094381.png

@wct49 that's the funniest and most accurate thing I've read on here in a while.
Man i don’t much about how them electric lockers work but i know some truth.

Sorry haven't had the chance to post much here...but don't worry the project keeps rolling....

Electrical work has happened....circuits re run...and I can finally say she won't need anything else in regards to that for a while. Well minus I need to run the wire for the dome light and swap the cluster guages maybe....

Resized_20210625_194400.jpeg

If you can notice the fuse box has changed....and its down to 1 only....theres a volt meter wired in now and the headlight highbeam switch is back on the floor like it was from the factory....

IMG-20210717-WA0006.jpg

Next stop is the washerfluid hookup....just need to finishing running fluid lines....the original knob functions it fine.

IMG-20210717-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20210717-WA0007.jpg

Unfortunately the choke cable broke on me....ended up getting a replacement and I'm going to send this one away to get rebuilt so I can keep some of the original look...

Tomm will be another work day....hopefully followed by some adventure pics....if the rain ever stops up here...this season hasn't been the summer everyone wanted.

Sorry haven't had the chance to post much here...but don't worry the project keeps rolling....

Electrical work has happened....circuits re run...and I can finally say she won't need anything else in regards to that for a while. Well minus I need to run the wire for the dome light and swap the cluster guages maybe....

View attachment 2733937

If you can notice the fuse box has changed....and its down to 1 only....theres a volt meter wired in now and the headlight highbeam switch is back on the floor like it was from the factory....

View attachment 2733939

Next stop is the washerfluid hookup....just need to finishing running fluid lines....the original knob functions it fine.

View attachment 2733940

View attachment 2733941

Unfortunately the choke cable broke on me....ended up getting a replacement and I'm going to send this one away to get rebuilt so I can keep some of the original look...

Tomm will be another work day....hopefully followed by some adventure pics....if the rain ever stops up here...this season hasn't been the summer everyone wanted.

Man. That’s awesome and I’m sure it took a lot of work and patience to get the OEM to work after I bypassed everything with black wire.

I’ve learned a lot since all that went down…

Glad to see her getting the love she deserves

Man. That’s awesome and I’m sure it took a lot of work and patience to get the OEM to work after I bypassed everything with black wire.

I’ve learned a lot since all that went down…

Glad to see her getting the love she deserves

I think half the excitement is seeing the old school bulbs light up on the dash...when changing lanes.....and all of the original knobs working....

Hey black wire is alwasy good to have around....and with metal prices could sell for a case of beer haha

The one thing I'll say about this project is it's ever changing and ever moving forward....

I decided to change up the guages once again...and that an original ebrake handle might be a nice touch....

Aside from that some odds and ends....swapped out the door and Hatch Cylinders so I have a full set of keys now

20210828_130750.jpg

I go back to this thread frequently. Sometimes to get a laugh. Sometimes for information (I'm putting a 2F in my '67). This thread is legendary.
Ha. Thanks. I’m putting one in a 67 right now. Thread is in the 40 section. LPBlue

Agree. Lots of good info in this thread

Bump...

She's out of the winter storage and back home for another season. I'm always impressed at how these old trucks just fire right up and keep rolling.

The trip home was rainy and you realize there's the cabin isn't completely waterproof.

Upon on the list for the season is getting the TSM handbrake installed....and then rebuilding the guage cluster.

IMG-20230429-WA0001.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom