Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

His and Hers! Just saying!
B73B945F-D5D8-403D-A7BD-9CCD619A308C.jpeg
1E0C04C1-D66D-4CA9-950C-299A1CFA720B.jpeg

I love my KM2's, and am on the second set on my wheeling 80. I don't find them to be too loud.

Also found them to perfectly fine in snow. I've never had any tire that did well on ice :eek:

I have no personal experience, only what I had heard and been told by others.

All I know is that the M&S rated silent armors are boring in the snow. Theyre too damn grippy with lots of sipping. I was kinda looking forward to sliding around and really wanted to hit some deep mud with the new tires- the KM2s looked freakin amazing too... SAD times man. Sad times.

Also- it turned out my stud wasnt broken. Just the lug nut itself snapped in half while I was torquing it down (apparently do not stand on the breaker bar- I guess it only needs 95 ftlbs not 200 ftlbs- lesson learned). Picked up a new lug nut at the toyota dealer.

They did look good! Should've kept em and gone with the suggestion from @Jakes40 lol
That is a big difference in force, and depending on how close to the edge of the breaker you were that 200lb was probably even significantly more.

I had KM2s on my 80 and was less than thrilled with their performance during Snowmageddon. @PRADO3 I don't know the offset on the wheels on my Tacoma but they're 285/70/17 KO2s. LMK if you want to swap them on to your GX and take them for a spin around the block. FWIW, the KM3s on my 80 are not loud at all. I'm actually surprised you found KM2s on the shelf a year after the KM3s came out.

I had KM2s on my 80 and was less than thrilled with their performance during Snowmageddon. @PRADO3 I don't know the offset on the wheels on my Tacoma but they're 285/70/17 KO2s. LMK if you want to swap them on to your GX and take them for a spin around the block. FWIW, the KM3s on my 80 are not loud at all. I'm actually surprised you found KM2s on the shelf a year after the KM3s came out.
Thanks for the offer. I might take you up on that... I actually special ordered the KM2 because the KM3 and K02 dont come in 255/80r17.

I'm ready for fall crawl!

20191017_094832.jpg

20191017_094823.jpg

Just requested my appointment to have all my brake lines replaced with the extended stainless lines. Also ordered my rotopax mount.
Is rotopax mount a euphemism? Sounds kinky.

It's not kinky. It's a strap that wraps around my spare and holds a metal bracket that the rotopax mounts to.
View attachment 2110190
I have always been suspect of anything more than a trasharoo being attached to a spare tire. All is well until you have to change the tire or mount your stuff back to a mangled tire.
-Signed: Debbie Downer

It's all about looks and overlanding haha

Makes sense the GX is there

20134541_15_600_515.jpg

I have always been suspect of anything more than a trasharoo being attached to a spare tire. All is well until you have to change the tire or mount your stuff back to a mangled tire.
-Signed: Debbie Downer
I just want to look like the cool broverlanders. Worst case scenario, I can throw everything in the back or poorly strap it to the roof.

I just want to look like the cool broverlanders. Worst case scenario, I can throw everything in the back or poorly strap it to the roof.
We understand...

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom