Overland Pig update (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm in Juneau, within the northern section of Alaska's Southeast panhandle. A ferry trip to Haines or Skagway is necessary for accessing road system further north into Alaska and Canada. I will possibly be doing that in my LX 450, but not likely until late August or September. Would love to see your 55 if you decide to visit the SE region.
Gotcha. We are headed to Whitehorse for a Yukon float and then may swing through Skagway. I'll let you know if we head further south. Thanks!

Greetings to all and happy holidays.

Not too much to report. The bumpers have been powder coated. The body was sandblasted. After sandblasting, we discovered that the Pig was a Sheriff's vehicle and that the sheriff (or deputy) must have dropped their donut and, while reaching for it on the floor, accidentally discharged their firearm and shot through the firewall (see last photos). That's all hypothetical, of course.

Bodywork has begun and we have also started to apply the Lizard Skin sound deadening and ceramic insulation.

image 2.jpeg
image 12.jpeg
image 17.jpeg
Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 7.31.55 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 7.33.58 AM.png

...before it went off to sand blasting, we received the rack from Bowfin. Very impressed with the quality and excited to spread the weight of the RTT, awning and shower cube across the entire length of the drip rails....versus using load bars and feet.

image 6.jpeg
image 3.jpeg

More posts once the rig is painted!

Thanks for following the build.

-Dan

Last edited:
Might have even hit the tire. Would love to read the discharged weapon report. Looks like the probie did it in the passenger seat.

I did forget to mention a couple of things.......

1. The rig in its current form weighs 4,000 lbs. Fully loaded with a full 55 gallons of diesel, we estimate that it'll come in around 6,500 lbs.
2. We've decided to go with coil overs in the front and a full float in the back. The means that I'll have a very nice FJ60 axel set for sale in the near future. Both are fully rebuilt by Well-Sorted Automotive. The fronts have RCV chromoly inner shafts and mini-truck outers. The rear has stock shafts. 3.70 gears with ARB's.
3. I will also have a OME 3" heavy duty FJ55 lift for sale.

If anyone is looking for these items for their build, drop me a note.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom