Overland Pig update (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's right! Although.....it'll most likely be Modelo or Estrella on the first leg of the trip. The rest of the windows will receive UltraSafe 860 8 mil safety film. It turns "normal" window glass into "shatterproof" glass and keeps all the shards attached to the film. I guess the window still technically shatters, but all the pieces don't really go anywhere.

3. I will also have a OME 3" heavy duty FJ55 lift for sale.

If anyone is looking for these items for their build, drop me a note.
I am interested in the OME life. My pig has shackle reversal but original springs front and rear. Would this be major PIA to install?

I am interested in the OME life. My pig has shackle reversal but original springs front and rear. Would this be major PIA to install?
I installed the OME, hardest part was getting those factory rivets off to move the rear hanger back 5” inches or so. The ride afterwards though was well worth it.

@sahelzer The lift kit will not be available for a couple of months......I need to keep it in place until it arrives in MT. I do have someone interested at this juncture, but will happily put you in the list of interested parties. The shocks are still in the boxes and I will include all hardware that will not be used for the replacement set-up.

As @71greenpig stated, it is not a simple bolt-up install, but at the same time, it is not rocket surgery either. I can provide the hanger spacing that we used. It will also come with the PRLC shackle reversal kit that was installed/removed.

Greetings to all and happy holidays.

Not too much to report. The bumpers have been powder coated. The body was sandblasted. After sandblasting, we discovered that the Pig was a Sheriff's vehicle and that the sheriff (or deputy) must have dropped their donut and, while reaching for it on the floor, accidentally discharged their firearm and shot through the firewall (see last photos). That's all hypothetical, of course.

Bodywork has begun and we have also started to apply the Lizard Skin sound deadening and ceramic insulation.

View attachment 3193365View attachment 3193368View attachment 3193369View attachment 3193373View attachment 3193374
Wow!

If these Pigs could talk, eh?

The body looks fantastic...

I did forget to mention a couple of things.......

1. The rig in its current form weighs 4,000 lbs. Fully loaded with a full 55 gallons of diesel, we estimate that it'll come in around 6,500 lbs.
2. We've decided to go with coil overs in the front and a full float in the back. The means that I'll have a very nice FJ60 axel set for sale in the near future. Both are fully rebuilt by Well-Sorted Automotive. The fronts have RCV chromoly inner shafts and mini-truck outers. The rear has stock shafts. 3.70 gears with ARB's.
3. I will also have a OME 3" heavy duty FJ55 lift for sale.

If anyone is looking for these items for their build, drop me a note.

#3, is that the OME 70-series lift that is adaptable to 55?

And that dont include BEER 🍺🍺🍺🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺
42386949-814V6T4.png

@sahelzer The lift kit will not be available for a couple of months......I need to keep it in place until it arrives in MT. I do have someone interested at this juncture, but will happily put you in the list of interested parties. The shocks are still in the boxes and I will include all hardware that will not be used for the replacement set-up.

As @71greenpig stated, it is not a simple bolt-up install, but at the same time, it is not rocket surgery either. I can provide the hanger spacing that we used. It will also come with the PRLC shackle reversal kit that was installed/removed.
Sounds like that is an affirmative on the 70-series lift...

Good morning everyone,

The rig still has a way to go, but here is a visual update on progress.

Like most projects, this is a manifestation of an idea and mental images of what the final product should look like. Most of the stuff is based upon my experiences while driving around a lot and living out of a vehicle. While there are some things I'd do a bit differently, it is 98% true to my initial ideas and I'm pretty excited about the results thus far.

I'd like to thank everyone in this community for lending advice, tech and general support. At the the of this month the rig will be heading up to Bozeman, Montana and into the care of Stephen and the crew at Overland Cruisers. After that.....if the planets align......we will begin an around-the-world adventure in December.

Again, thanks for the support!

IMG_0836.jpg

IMG_0859.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_0925.jpg

Love it @DanTCook, I built a similar ‘79 with a Merc OM617/H55. I recommend 4:11s to get the rpm’s up in the turbo, that H55 is geared pretty low and first pretty useless when not off-road. I had the 55gal and an aux 22, 1000 miles was no problem except for your bladder 😆 Keep us non-insta folks up on the adventure 🍻

i"m loving the tires ! You have a Awesome build ,

20230205_124618.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom