TLCA Official Cruise Moab 2019 Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you check contacts? Just in case it just got knocked loose/dirty, and clean it thoroughly while you wait.

Wish I could of gone! Incredible pictures.
Anyway to check those without pulling the intake manifold? I've only got a hotel parking lot to wrench in.

Anyway to check those without pulling the intake manifold? I've only got a hotel parking lot to wrench in.

Sorry, not familiar with the 100 so hope you posted on the 100 forum where people are better at helping than me. But usually when things brake after water/mud crossing is contact unless they fried a fuse which starters don't have. Best of luck and hope it's simple as bad contact from mud and water.

Unfortunately I just changed my starter on my 100 and it isn’t an ideal job in a parking lot but very doable. Just make sure you don’t break the plastic clips on the plugs as they will probably be brittle from the heat over the years. It is a part that can be replaced...ask me how I know (the dealer near me stocks them).

You can get a long socket extension in there to bang on the starter while trying to turn over with the key. This may or may not work enough to get you home.

Anyone having video of the green 80 going up Hellsgate and tipping over?

Returned home yesterday from another great Cruise Moab. We spent the 5 days prior to the event leading an awesome group of Slinky suspension dealers/customers around southern Utah for the SW Adventure 2019. That was an incredible trip. My wife and I relaxed most of the time once we got back to Moab and I only ran one official trail. I led another great group on the Saturday run on Poison Spider Mesa. Had a great time.

Was great to reconnect with old friends and meet new ones at the vendor night and raffle dinner. Some people I hadn't seen in over a decade and it was exciting to think back on attending all 22 Cruise Moab events and the awesome people I've met there over the years.

I didn't get any trail pics on Poison Spider so if anyone on that run has any, I'd love to see them! Have a bunch from SWAdventure and I'll share some of those when I get them off the camera.

Awesome first Cruise Moab! Ran some excellent trails and got to meet some equally exceptional people. Highlights were Fins and Things for first slickrock trail, Dome Plateu and Top of the World for incredible views, and Hells Revenge for some heart stopping climbs and descents. Hells Gate cost me a side mirror but no big deal.

I was at the staging area Saturday morning to run Golden Spike when I got a call from my wife. She was pregnant but not due for another 2 weeks. Well baby girl had other plans and decided to come early. After a 12 hr drive home, I had just enough time to shower before heading to the hospital. No more than 1 hour after arriving back in Reno, my daughter was born. All went well.

Looks like I'll have to plan a return trip next year to conquer Golden Spike.

47778007081_3dbe42993f_c.jpg

Congratulations to you, momma and baby girl! Glad you where able to get home in time!
No way would my wife let me go that far out that close to her being due.
Congrats again!

Returned home yesterday from another great Cruise Moab. We spent the 5 days prior to the event leading an awesome group of Slinky suspension dealers/customers around southern Utah for the SW Adventure 2019. That was an incredible trip. My wife and I relaxed most of the time once we got back to Moab and I only ran one official trail. I led another great group on the Saturday run on Poison Spider Mesa. Had a great time.

Was great to reconnect with old friends and meet new ones at the vendor night and raffle dinner. Some people I hadn't seen in over a decade and it was exciting to think back on attending all 22 Cruise Moab events and the awesome people I've met there over the years.

I didn't get any trail pics on Poison Spider so if anyone on that run has any, I'd love to see them! Have a bunch from SWAdventure and I'll share some of those when I get them off the camera.

Adam,

Thank you again for a great day on the trail. Poison Spider was, by far, my favorite trail this year. I tried to attach files below, but it kept telling me that the files were too big. So, I created an album in my Google Photos account and I'll attach a link to share it with you. For now, I've included what I thought were a few of the better shots, but I have others if you're interested. I also have 15 videos of other rigs running the various obstacles that I'd be happy to share.

Here's the link to the album: Poison Spider

If you'd like to contact me directly, me email is mfenton@wsd.net.

Cheers,

Matt

Adam,

I put together another link with the video clips I shot on Poison Spider. There are nine in total. Unfortunately, none are of your 80 series as you were always up and over the obstacle before I could get out to record it.

Here it is: Poison Videos

Matt

Here's an album with some pics: Cruise Moab 2019
Gold Bar Rim on Thursday and Poison Spider Mesa on Friday

soBrxJMBdSASVMPthwmd9Gf6XEK9Iwilc-W_RIqtza5GDjvebjsLJUiH4b7bXnDJ2aVHY9x42Ht0T72cV79gdAO8gSaftrSur7ZMa1mWSFfmzyPEpMDsWXcoY9n-v0HI73QjegTenABJ_8RLBCwMyhgw77EFaxweIZ7EiRJ_fEc9G1VuXhurxsjApccsyC96HuibeK8eDQmNrOxkZToad8tE3jqfrbsVNbdPrpdVzX_vaX9XbT1UATifFbdurZdDchII7E2_mnoUP7JVxumxzZbdytYrS-PBalzYFH63DIdolx9VKFovnsspYsuGxxY0aTJRET1n-kkUe7qIHFwIWRWAx9DXcHvN_VFqMLVLKGxkB2uO3MO7GhBDoMpVZY602aPFwoVlqJxQmrdIbdag6ZWAy8OOEdQoakgAQWE-7wvfDb1S9cAQ_kCVkkTAFmOhWtypz_GaeDY7D6yI4-0Uo76x3HLvjXYiZG9YWbphhFvIVw7Oaj7VFgRzNGoDpo3I4nTO_iYt9gNux7XNK6ddsOBaC69iLvRHTg1mK6jPR4qnEfCFIM-9UJQkQ-W1Nhwtg3mmNkEXam7u1OhRYik86naMfe1z_forBA3EY22i7GgCqvZKCHH6HGm8ASEKbEeo9TSAipIcvzzjs8AjhftHLPouws9r01K1tmLw5nrUqnJt5JkeBc6Ad1xrTzWjAhkk9bRDhc_szaw9XTfz6GnyeJ4M0Q=w666-h888-no

MPQxI8X0mamXsWVg2HS3GtC4oRuw_4jD6FBZ_q3yRSXvP6tozavTNoPGzT0UcCpPPWpuMo7s-yRG1tTNIoNaiuo5Xf2jn4uUTo6Plr8gEz-xauSWvjE5_4TB7XXbZAfZu7Kqtg5VqBDDUbyHye9iUtG99n9t3qA-pPiBKGx4_SipTJ0R11dtBq0pi00JzmeVF0mQkbbRTxrYT9uhCx4sOu_5Jnvh4tjuWvT4CGzR_CR-uTtl45Q0Rqf89fCGQKYYUDaQILzRQLIQihS1rrqwZOV0xB20_EfeEge6kgDXzne3cw5n1Zht_agBmkPgpomvm0ryJ813NANA3e9UMRQRWSOgdT36Kps-P9Uj8ulGI_z7bhaTTtBrjWA51FG8mv89xtO5f2upfeR_ZgiyYysFY_u1ALEvK5M6EFo-Vkkps_oIkigW699k1f84iSVV0vQcT0af2R9oQ9UIwmK4i-RKzGFICSCFUTUG2L-7VB_ZOeKBvw8j3tbr-S9f1f56GZBidyp-Tbk50erTshVc0sGaxeKf1bk_6rB3kM3S9j85netkCmGTb8arbjO2cUSP_VUO7hT21qugpoWpuK_symfBp2MyyWg506lxPwb5O_XujTfjXVYUOZgqJ-KU3jT3ZPd5hGIo-GHJeAapw8GP9EK0Fe1cGkbu5jWNOL8w48n6AzwdQkKr_7o_EqrNLLDzpCqokiFxcFtIfFeAweJmtW6ZnfT0aA=w1184-h888-no
Lots of great pictures thanks for posting. I don’t see any of of the green 80,the only reg that made it up the water fall without winching

Lots of great pictures thanks for posting. I don’t see any of of the green 80,the only reg that made it up the water fall without winching
I know! I missed it. I had to run up to my car for a second and you went up.

TOTW... at the tail end of Kokopelli-2’s altered run...

We beat a massive crowd heading up since we camped near the trail-head the night before. Great camp-spot, @Mendocino !
453B8225-99FC-41CB-B5CE-341DBFD89520.jpeg
2A046F59-44EC-46D4-9235-114813AF3E38.jpeg

Beautiful light emerged beneath dark storm closures on Fins Wednesday...but only for a few minutes of perfect, glowing colors...

@Markuson and @indycole in foreground...
5A8DED32-C488-4F80-88F8-33DA06EEEB79.jpeg

0B492799-1FD4-4534-83D6-9440C38E8175.jpeg

0EBB03D6-61B5-4A03-A5EA-85E1ECACDC0D.jpeg
239A5E74-784C-4D0F-8584-96DB4ACDED48.jpeg

Kristian’s 80 monster...

3F0966CA-9093-4C1F-8FA8-913CC075628C.jpeg

B647C387-2ABB-4012-BDFA-46D5DE71DC05.jpeg
3AC01033-92D2-4297-96C9-240AA428036C.jpeg

Work blew up actually way before we even left Moab, so I haven't even had time to check this thread since we got back. Epic trip, had a fantastic time and met a bunch of great folks. Our trip mostly consisted of the Monday Kokopelli group and except for the epic storms Monday night, the weather was amazing and the scenery just stunning. Daniel Markofsky did a great job as trail boss, and even got this rookie down Rose Garden Hill without a scratch. Absolutely awesome. We had a little mechanical issue on Thursday which meant we didn't get to do Poison Spider on Friday, but that's ok we will be back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom