TLCA Official Cruise Moab 2019 Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Hello!

There has been some chatter on the different forums about Cruise Moab 2019 but this will be the official thread to keep you informed with all of the juicy bits of info pertaining to this most revered event!

Dates
First, the official dates of next year's event are:
Tuesday, April 30 thru Sunday, May 5, 2019
Request vacation time and block out your calendar now!
Registration is opening Monday, 1/14 at 10:00AM MST go to cruisemoab.com for more info. We're expecting this year to sell out QUICK so be ready!

New HQ Location
We're going to the Old Spanish Trail Arena on the south end of Moab this year for registration check-in on Wednesday, our Vendor Showcase on Thursday night, and the famous Raffle Dinner on Friday night. We've never done this before but there is a lot of space for everything!

Camping & Lodging
For 2019, we're not going back to Kane Creek Campground even though we loved this venue and so did many of you. We hope to return in the future, but the campground is not available for May 2019 due to permitting issues. We're looking into new camping options with a group discount. We'll post more info soon. If you prefer to stay in a condo or hotel, consider options on the south end of Moab for 2019 so you can be close to the action.

Satellite Communications with GPS
For the first time ever, all our trail leaders will be using Garmin inReach devices to track the location of our groups on the trail. These devices offer two-way messaging and can be used to contact emergency services if needed. If you're interested in checking out this technology for yourself, Costco has good deals.

New Overnight Trails
We've been working with the Forest Service and BLM to offer new overnight trails for 2019. We can't spill the beans just yet, but if you like to test your overlanding equipment on multiple-day trails in the scenic middle-of-nowhere, you won't want to miss the next Cruise Moab!

New Online Registration
We're working on the next version of cruisemoab.com to streamline your online registration and make it friendly for smart phones. We will be opening for registration earlier than last year so please watch your inbox. We sold out in record time last year and expect it to go even quicker this year!

New Method for Trail Selection
For the 2019 event, we're separating registration from trail selection, so we can use a powerful scheduling app to help you manage your trails. That means you'll be able to change trails from your phone, tablet, or laptop without having to find a member of the Cruise Moab committee. We think this will be a huge upgrade!

This is an excellent family-friendly event with trails for everybody. Whether you're a seasoned vet with the most tricked out of tricked out buggies or someone with a purely stock rig set up for exploration, there will be a trail for you.

We'll keep this thread updated as time goes on and we look forward to seeing you there!

Follow us on instagram: Cruise Moab Event (@cruise_moab) • Instagram photos and videos
and on FB: Cruise Moab Event

Also, if you want to subscribe to the official email list, click here: Cruise Moab Updates: sign up now

Last edited:

Last edited:
Lame that there's a new thread, but thanks for the info. Anxiously awaiting camping info.

I've merged threads in the past, but have not been so good at predicting the results. So, I won't bother to do that.

I have my vacation time secured, I booked my condo, and now I just need to sign up as soon as registration opens.

I'm sure looking forward to CM2019!

I've merged threads in the past, but have not been so good at predicting the results. So, I won't bother to do that.

I have my vacation time secured, I booked my condo, and now I just need to sign up as soon as registration opens.

I'm sure looking forward to CM2019!

Sweet! We're super close to locking down a group spot so there will be plenty of room for everybody to camp together if you want.

Good deal! It will definitely be a blast and you'll have to look me up when you get there!

@GLTHFJ60, if you get in a pinch, there are several BLM sites along the river outside of town. The distance isn't ideal, but the view in the morning is unbeatable. Being free spots helps, too.

Will those sites accommodate a tow rig, trailer and wheeling rig?

Our camp neighbors were in a 1-ton dually with an average length 5th wheel camper. We had plenty of room around my 1st gen 4runner, and there were several other groups there as well. I highly recommend doing a little recon before planning for a specific one. Seems like there were 8 or so sites at the time (2.5 years ago) and they varied in size and popularity.

For those of you who have done it, do you think running the Kokopelli trail Tuesday thru Thursday is worth not showing up in Moab until Thursday night? That still gives me Friday and Saturday for trail runs out of Moab. I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything by not showing up until Thursday. Looking at the schedule of events I think I'd only be missing registration check in on Wednesday, and one day of trail runs on Thursday. Also, if you sign up for Kokopelli, when you show up to run it, is that considered "check in" Or do I check in when I arrive in Moab on Thursday night?

THANKS!

Tuesday, April 30th

• Kokopelli #1 overnight run begins
Wednesday, May 1st
For most participants, we recommend arriving on Wednesday as early as convenient.

• Registration Check-In, Orientation, and Vehicle safety inspection
    8:00 am – 12noon / 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
  • San Rafael Swell overnight run begins
  • Kokopelli #2 overnight run begins
  • Night run on Hells Revenge trail
Thursday, May 2nd

• Check-In / Vehicle Inspection: 7:00 am – 8:00 am
  • Guided trail runs: 9:00 am
  • Vendor Showcase Night: 6:00 pm
Friday, May 3rd

• Check-In / Vehicle Inspection: 7:00 am – 8:00 am
  • The famous raffle & award dinner: 6:00 pm
Saturday, May 4th

Sunday, May 5th

• Cleanup and departure

Our camp neighbors were in a 1-ton dually with an average length 5th wheel camper. We had plenty of room around my 1st gen 4runner, and there were several other groups there as well. I highly recommend doing a little recon before planning for a specific one. Seems like there were 8 or so sites at the time (2.5 years ago) and they varied in size and popularity.

Hard to do recon ahead of time from the east coast, but understood. Thanks for the recommendation!

@Borrego , The Koko runs are definitely a lot of fun and are somewhat coveted so you'll be glad to get on one if you can. We're encouraging folks who have done them in the past to politely allow those who have not been on them before to have a chance so you should be able to get on one.

Also, tech inspection/check in will be performed by the trail leaders of those runs so that will be covered when you meet up with the group.

Hope this helps!

Get ready: online registration opens for Cruise Moab on Monday.
Planning on Cruise Moab this year? It's going to be epic. Here's what you need to know.

Online Registration
We're opening registration at 10 a.m. mountain time on Monday, Jan. 14. It will take you 5-10 minutes to register. We have a new payment system so you can pay by credit card right on the website. We sold out in record time last year and expect it to go even quicker this year, so get ready!

Read all the details here, including pricing and what's included with your registration.

Event Dates
The official dates of next year's event are:
Tuesday, April 30 thru Sunday, May 5, 2019

Camping & Lodging
Just a reminder, we're not going back to Kane Creek Campground for 2019. We are very close to making an announcement about official camping options, so please hold tight for another few days. If you prefer to stay in a condo or hotel, consider options on the south end of Moab for 2019 so you can be close to the action.

Just a heads up: trail selection will happen afteryou register this year.
For the 2019 event, we're separating registration from trail selection, so we can use a powerful scheduling app to help you manage your trails. Right now, we're planning to start trail selection on March 2 to everyone who registered. Cruise Moab will likely be sold-out by this time so make sure you register next week.

Awesome new merchandise designed by Sackwear for 2019
We're updating our official CM shirts, hoodies, stickers, and everything else this year to be the coolest stuff ever. Nearly all of this will be available at discounted pricing during online registration. When you order in advance, we guarantee you'll get the sizes and styles you want. If you don't, you may not get what you want -- and you'll pay more at the event. Check out Sackwear Apparel to see their cool styles.

New Overnight Trails
In the past, we've offered 2 overnight trail options. This year we are planning to offer 5 overnighters! Count 'em, FIVE! If you like to test your overlanding equipment on multiple-day trails in the scenic middle-of-nowhere, you won't want to miss the next Cruise Moab!

Here are some camping options
If you’re interested in camping near Cruise Moab HQ, there are three good options (see map below):

1. Moab KOA Campground – about 0.6 miles from HQ (a 10-minute walk or a very short drive)
  2. OK RV Park – about 0.3 miles from HQ (you could easily walk over but you might choose to drive)
  3. Spanish Trail Racetrack Camping – right next to HQ (walking distance for sure)
The first two options are regular campgrounds near the event HQ. They have bathroom facilities, shade trees, grilles, etc. — all the amenities you would expect from a campground. If you want to camp at either of these, please contact them to make your reservations.

The third option (Spanish Trail Racetrack Camping) is primitive camping on the dirt racetrack right next to our event HQ. It’s walking distance. If you choose to camp here, keep in mind that there are no trees or other amenities. It may be very dusty, especially for people in tents. You will have access to the bathrooms at the Old Spanish Trail Arena, but they have only one shower for men and one shower for women. The upside is it’s inexpensive: only $25/night for RVs and $10/night for tents. And you’ll be super close to everything happening at Cruise Moab HQ.

Spanish Trail Racetrack camping is available through Cruise Moab. Earliest arrival is Sunday, April 28 and latest departure is Sunday, May 5 for a maximum of 7 nights.
Reserve your spot now at Spanish Trail Racetrack Camping.

Why camp at Cruise Moab?
  1. Hang out with friends both new and old around our nightly campfire.
  2. Drink a few beers and walk back to your campsite without having to get behind the wheel (Utah DUI laws are strict).
  3. Save money — Moab lodging ain’t cheap!

Review this and other details at: CAMPING | Cruise Moab

Yes! Easy Peasy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom