Official 37" and up picture thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

5.29 is the gear of choice for 37" tires but there are different size 37s.

Lighter tires like the Yokohama or the Goodyear mt/r work well with the 37" tires.

Military 37s not so well, one can feel the difference with additional weight on a spinning mass

How are those 15" rims clearing the caliper? From what I have heard, only certain wheels will fit? What do you know on the subject as it's more than I know of?!

In that test fit I removed the caliper. I have a rear axle out of a 91 hdj81 that has the smaller rear brakes for the 15" wheel. I plan to swap that axle in this fall.

I'm looking for a wide 35" tire, 14.5-15.5, and there isn't a damm thing in a 17. The 14.50 is a mud grappler and the 15.5 is a swamper sx. Ive run those swampers numerous times and ways liked them. I'm hesitant on the Nitto's.

I ran the Nitto 37 x 12.5. Very happy with them. Easy to balance and I got 55,000 miles out of them

image.jpeg
French creek on 37s

i have no trouble driving ~75 mph on the freeway i do it almost everday, and my front sway bars are disconnected from a recent trip, changing lanes is also no problem. Where you get into trouble is slamming on the breaks and swerving, these trucks sit so high that you shouldnt have an issue with this cause you can watch quite a few more cars in front of you then a smaller vehicle.

Last edited:
After disconnecting my swaybars on a shakedown run after installing the lift, they were removed from the vehicle shortly after. The Slee 6" kit with the swaybars attached drive better than stock, so much better I noticed the :princess: going a bit fast into corners when shed drive the pig. Took them off and body roll wasn't bad by any means, but gives just enough lean in the corners that she slows down now. I'm used to driving big Toyotas, and the FJZ is newer to me, but still handles like an overweight stick of butter on a warm street compared to the Mrs' Terrain Denali she whips around town. The swaybars almost gave it a false sense if security, in that you felt planted and if you went too fast around a corner, it's gonna be one hell of a hard rollover. I'm glad I tossed them and in doing so, the Wifey is driving safer in the rig. Just wait till she drives it on tons, leafs and 42's!

Weird @junior 80 apparently replied to something I said....but I can't find it anywhere. Anyway, I run 40's with stock 4.10:1 and cruise down freeway 2400rpm or so at 65-70mph...overdrive about 1800rmp

Weird @junior 80 apparently replied to something I said....but I can't find it anywhere. Anyway, I run 40's with stock 4.10:1 and cruise down freeway 2400rpm or so at 65-70mph...overdrive about 1800rmp

Did you do any sort of speedo correction or are you using GPS for speed?

Also any idea what sorta MPG your getting?

On big 37's with 5.29's I could only wish to see my tac at 1800, I'm closer to 3k at that speed

Wow, 4Ds on 4:10s... I thought I was pushing it on 37s. How is it off the line... stop go? Do you have Tcase gears?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom