Official 37" and up picture thread (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@AMMO I run the plug and play 5.0 yellow box and it's dead on. I was getting just over 11 mpg mixed and 13 freeway when I first got it and tuned it up. Now I get 10 mixed driving most fills sometimes 9 depending on the amount of idling I let it do on remote start and on straight highway like I did this last couple weekends I pulled 11.8 at the most.
@GW Nugget its never been all that peppy of a driver in my experience but the 40's do slow it down off the line, it moved a lot better before the 1-2 shift solenoid started failing shortly after I got it, any more it starts off in 2 so it's a bit of a slug but not too bad, put it into 1st manually and give it skinny pedal and it gets going pretty damn good. I have no problems merging onto the freeway or pulling into traffic on any street...don't have to wait for big clearings or anything, I pass people on relatively flat ground easily on the freeway and on slight inclines on the freeway, she pulls 70 up the Willamette pass no problem but I have to stay on the skinny pedal otherwise I lose momentum quick. I don't have t-case gears which makes it underpowered in some situations, I have only really cursed the lack of power at the dunes in Florence which is a mixed bag because with the power I have it is still enough to do the crap other most people do, but the transmission tends to be the limiting factor with its tendency to upshift at the worst possible moment and then downshift. I think if I had a manual trans I'd be a lot happier with the overall performance and fuel mileage....more on that to come.

@AMMO I run the plug and play 5.0 yellow box and it's dead on. I was getting just over 11 mpg mixed and 13 freeway when I first got it and tuned it up. Now I get 10 mixed driving most fills sometimes 9 depending on the amount of idling I let it do on remote start and on straight highway like I did this last couple weekends I pulled 11.8 at the most.
@GW Nugget its never been all that peppy of a driver in my experience but the 40's do slow it down off the line, it moved a lot better before the 1-2 shift solenoid started failing shortly after I got it, any more it starts off in 2 so it's a bit of a slug but not too bad, put it into 1st manually and give it skinny pedal and it gets going pretty damn good. I have no problems merging onto the freeway or pulling into traffic on any street...don't have to wait for big clearings or anything, I pass people on relatively flat ground easily on the freeway and on slight inclines on the freeway, she pulls 70 up the Willamette pass no problem but I have to stay on the skinny pedal otherwise I lose momentum quick. I don't have t-case gears which makes it underpowered in some situations, I have only really cursed the lack of power at the dunes in Florence which is a mixed bag because with the power I have it is still enough to do the crap other most people do, but the transmission tends to be the limiting factor with its tendency to upshift at the worst possible moment and then downshift. I think if I had a manual trans I'd be a lot happier with the overall performance and fuel mileage....more on that to come.
You are a perfect example of how strong these Toyota transmissions are. Coming from full size Ford & Chevy Trans rebuild every 80K.... these 80 series tannins are amazing.

You are a perfect example of how strong these Toyota transmissions are. Coming from full size Ford & Chevy Trans rebuild every 80K.... these 80 series tannins are amazing.
That's funny you should say that, the crew cab powerstroke I bought for the GF to haul her horses had a bad Auto trans at 145k on the clock and a quick car fax prior to purchase showed it had the trans replaced at 62k at a ford dealership already. So I put a 5 speed 4wd trans in it and am in the process of converting it from 2wd automatic dually to a 5 speed 4wd single rear wheel, currently looking for the front axle, but as we all know Dana 60 fronts come at a stiff price.

What about roof heights?

Does anyone on 37s have a roof height under 6ft 10"?

Not including the Toyota roof racks, we don't have those here.

Movin' on up!

37x12.50 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx
Level 8 "Strike 6" wheels, 17x9 -12 offest (4.5" backspacing)

IMG_3786.jpg

Lift info?
Springs OME 850 +25mm spacer/863. Fox Shoxs, Slee caster plates, 2" sway bar drop brackets f/r, extended bumpstops but am still fine tuning them. Rear flares trimmed inside at the rear to be flush with the fender line.

The American autos you speak of were built to live only through warranty period but can be built to last as long as any other. The OEM's want you to feel a smooth trans while you test drive and that does not equal long life and a high resistance to abuse. Built with higher line pressures and proper tolerances in the assembled clutch packs backed up with billet pistons that use back up rings as well as O-rings to eliminate internal leaks and you will have an American auto that last just as long.
It's to bad that they don't come as prepared for long term battle as the A44xf did from the factory.

There is no human way I can put my 40" ( MTR on Tencha ) on my tire carrier by myself ..

I was impressed myself. :beer:

Hes had like 9mos of harassment about installing a tire crane hoist to fuel that move ;). Then again it was all nice and clean too lol

There is no human way I can put my 40" ( MTR on Tencha ) on my tire carrier by myself ..
Sure you can!!!!
I used to load this on my truck by myself before
I had to take it off every time too when I pull the RV because the tire gets in the way

image.jpeg

I use my engine hoist to put the 37s on the tire carrier! I need my back to last another 40 years!

@jfz80 -is that Alex's 40 in the background of your picture? Looks pretty decent from here.

I use my engine hoist to put the 37s on the tire carrier! I need my back to last another 40 years!

@jfz80 -is that Alex's 40 in the background of your picture? Looks pretty decent from here.

There was an engine hoist as plan b ;)

Drew, that is not it. Thats a friends 74 that has had a frame off and 400 horses added. Concrete just needs to grab a solid southwest tub for under a grand ....hes got a good late model base to work on.

Last edited:
That rig belongs to @jamesurq
6" springs and 2" spacers
Rear flare came off just to fit the 4x4 labs bumper that didnt come with the cutouts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom