NV4500 to HF2AV Open Source Adapter Plans (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ah I gotcha. Once Dustin figured it out it was so “simple,” as far as adapters, that it was only a matter of time until someone figured they could do it cheaper. That and his reputation are prob why Dustin quit making them.

I suppose. My motivation was that I was scared off by several of the stories on here of people spending $$ and having a heck of a time getting their parts. I didn’t know he stopped making them.

Wasn’t this a reverse engineer of Dustin’s NV4500-HF2A adapter?
Ah I gotcha. Once Dustin figured it out it was so “simple,” as far as adapters, that it was only a matter of time until someone figured they could do it cheaper. That and his reputation are prob why Dustin quit making them.

He got sick of whiney people switched gears went another direction

Personally, I’d say whiny is a bit of a stretch. I got most of my kit and it was made very well, but it took months with very little communication. Never got most of the small parts as well as some crucial measurements for the torque converter mods. That being said, I think I got off better than a lot of guys.

Hey everyone. I now stock the plates and shafts required for this conversion. First run of plates are $300 each and shafts are $350. PM for details. I am in process on building some bolt in motor mounts that will require no welding or frame modification as well. I’ll post up when those are ready...should be about six weeks.

Hey everyone. I now stock the plates and shafts required for this conversion. First run of plates are $300 each and shafts are $350. PM for details. I am in process on building some bolt in motor mounts that will require no welding or frame modification as well. I’ll post up when those are ready...should be about six weeks.

Awesome! Interested in making a thermostat housing/coolant outlet?

9454-DFA6-E23-C-448-C-8-AF9-ACD787247-C09.jpg

Last edited:
I’m hoping to be able to use the stock one like I did in my first build. The swap I am currently doing is a ppump motor (first was a VE) so I’ll have to check and make sure everything still lines up ok. Unfortunately I won’t be able to get back on the project for a month or so ☹️

I’m hoping to be able to use the stock one like I did in my first build. The swap I am currently doing is a ppump motor (first was a VE) so I’ll have to check and make sure everything still lines up ok. Unfortunately I won’t be able to get back on the project for a month or so ☹

You just use a reducer on the radiator?

You just use a reducer on the radiator?
Yessir. As I recall I think I shortened the lower radiator inlet as well. I wasn’t thrilled to do it that way but the trade off of doing an oddball AC mount system didn’t seem worth it to me. I double clamped and it never gave me problems.

Last edited:
Does anyone who "machined" a plate possibly have one to sell,? if so PM me, I have an idea that isn't using a cummins or NV4500, but I'd like a plate to "tinker" with. Thanks

Does anyone who "machined" a plate possibly have one to sell,? if so PM me, I have an idea that isn't using a cummins or NV4500, but I'd like a plate to "tinker" with. Thanks
just shot you a pm

Has anyone come up with a trans mount bracket for the NV4500 and OEM FZJ80 crossmember? How about 6BT engine mounts?
I used 3”x3” tubing to adapt to the cross member. I think I’m going to lower it a bit so I need to find some 3”x2”. The NV4500 trans mount fits perfectly in the crossmember so I chose to adapt to that instead of modifying the crossmember like others have done.
432026AD-51D8-44D9-B1C9-BA494E41AF1F.jpeg

Has anyone come up with a trans mount bracket for the NV4500 and OEM FZJ80 crossmember? How about 6BT engine mounts?

I just had some engine mount plates laser cut and hope to have mounts available soon. I plan to do something along the lines of what Mr. Cimmaron did for the rear mount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom