New to ih8mud… and have dimension question. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Everyone!
I recently purchased my 2nd FJ40. First was a ‘69 that was sold years ago. Just added a ‘76 FJ40 that sat in the neighborhood behind me for 10+ years without moving. After about 3-4 hours I drove her home and cleaned her up. They started getting panels ordered to complete the rust repair. Getting ready to cut out the wheel wells and then put her all back together but want to double check the hole to hole distance, on the rear side upper rails that the top bolts too, so that I can ensure the correct width. I believe the hole to hole center should be 60 7/8”. Can anyone confirm?

C37CDEB2-3AF8-45F8-99D0-1E3BA94213F8.jpeg

5A044EA2-3F93-40EC-B8CE-7774A9A693E8.jpeg

164B33C2-E166-4F4B-B0BD-5D77606F6643.jpeg

FCDAA7C0-D425-4783-BD0F-DC47DF59588C.jpeg

BD70AE58-7237-4F73-8169-AACD1E092042.jpeg

That cleaned up well.

Do you have a diagram or picture of the holes you are referencing so the correct measurement is provided?

Welcome! 60 7/8 is what I measured also with hardtop on.
Looks like a good project , she cleaned up nice.

Flip your bezel, thick side on top.

Wow! What a difference after cleanup! Looks like a good rig you bought. Congrats!

He means that your grill bezel is upside down. It's a common mistake people make when re-installing them.

Nice find, great patina!

Yeah. All it had was a split fuel line. Fixed it then the electric fuel pump went out. Wired an electric fuel pump to a switch and ran fuel from a gas can through the passenger window straight to the carb.
Someone before me already put a small block Chevy engine in her and converted the rear brakes to disk.
The rust was exacerbated by “fixing” the rust by just slapping fiberglass over it…

Yes, that is what I was referring to on the bezel.
Nice score for $1500, especially with the winch and hardtop/doors. Looks to have anti reversal shackles as well from pic 3 on the rear.
Please keep us updated on the build, looks like a great start.
Is it Warn model M8274?

Very :cool:, maybe other Warn gurus can chime in....Belleview Co.also pops up when researching 5687.
Good thread on winchs/not wenches.
Part number:5687
Serial number:42488
Date code:BN4

Very :cool:, maybe other Warn gurus can chime in....Belleview Co.also pops up when researching 5687.
Good thread on winchs/not wenches.
Part number:5687
Serial number:42488
Date code:BN4

Yeah, I guess you're aware of this, but from what I understand, Warn basically got the design of the 8274 from the Belleview Winch Company. I don't remember if they bought the rights to the design, or if they bought the whole company, or what. Anyway, Warn tweaked this design over the course of a few years until it became the 8274. Man, what a great winch! I think I've got 6 of them... I don't remember.... I'll have to go count. lol! My buddy has one of the old Belleview Winches. The first time I ever saw one, was in 2005. It was on an old Land Rover Defender from the 60's that was sitting in the weeds. I tried to buy it, but no dice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom