New pig day (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

With the goal in mind of driving it into the garage, I have removed the AFI throttle body and distributor. Plan is to install a stock distributor and a carb, not sure if they’ll be permanent but it should work for now.

I also removed both AGM batteries and am trying to charge them. One had zero volts and one had 1.6V. I have gotten them up to around 10-11V each so far but unsure if I will succeed. They were mounted on their sides and use bolt on terminals. The wiring is well done and they are expensive no doubt so hoping they will revive themselves.

Got a distributor from my parts stash. It’s a 75-77 2F with vacuum retard, so not ideal but it should work, at least for now. The thing was dirty and the retard function seized so I dismantled it for cleaning.
BAE4DD5D-7328-48D0-9B71-CF33066166E7.jpeg

E5C97763-C1E4-4FF5-9684-221E65834933.jpeg

With the goal in mind of driving it into the garage, I have removed the AFI throttle body and distributor. Plan is to install a stock distributor and a carb, not sure if they’ll be permanent but it should work for now.

I also removed both AGM batteries and am trying to charge them. One had zero volts and one had 1.6V. I have gotten them up to around 10-11V each so far but unsure if I will succeed. They were mounted on their sides and use bolt on terminals. The wiring is well done and they are expensive no doubt so hoping they will revive themselves.
Eek! That is pretty darn low!
Do you have an AGM setting on your charger?
I hope you can bring them back. Our AGM was getting tired (after 6 years). She would rest at ~12 volts and was down to ~300 CCA. Replacement = almost $400!!!

Intake - I think there is one intake that is known to be a good performer. Maybe the PO went to the effort of tracking that one down and swapped it on?
I have read that too—I wonder what parameters were measured to determine the elevated performance? It does have a header on it too.

I did track down a used 2F intake mainly because I like running the heat shield. I’m not overly fond of headers either as I find they are not as quiet or durable.

Eek! That is pretty darn low!
Do you have an AGM setting on your charger?
I hope you can bring them back. Our AGM was getting tired (after 6 years). She would rest at ~12 volts and was down to ~300 CCA. Replacement = almost $400!!!
Yeah it was a let down. I am not interested in buying new ones of this style, so if these are dead I will likely return to a single standard battery. I don’t plan on running a camping fridge and it isn’t a diesel.

That would require some wiring work though, so we’ll see where these end up first.

The charger doesn’t have a specific setting for AGM, I’m not familiar with that? It does do de-sulfate and recondition modes, however they are automatic. I had to daisy-chain a good battery in to even kick the charge process off, otherwise it would tell me “WRONG” on the display which I assume means it thought I had the cable on backwards.

The charger doesn’t have a specific setting for AGM, I’m not familiar with that? It does do de-sulfate and recondition modes, however they are automatic. I had to daisy-chain a good battery in to even kick the charge process off, otherwise it would tell me “WRONG” on the display which I assume means it thought I had the cable on backwards.
I have a couple of modern smart chargers, they will not touch a super low battery, so yeah either hit it with an old school charger or hook a good batt up with jumper cables to get it going. I have had good luck with AGM and smart chargers getting them back from the dead, give it a week though as it does a lot of back n forth to get the full charge…at least my charger with recondition mode.

Carb for the win! Plus a pig always deserves a une fragrance de gas.

On the paint question:

What I think I will do is rattle can the brown either grey blue or something approaching Nebula or Fashion Green. I will probably leave the roof alone as it's shiny brown but this primer looks like (literal) s***e to me. No plans for a beauty queen. Or orange ... any stock color considered.

Not sure what factory-ish 55 colors are out there in spray cans, thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom