Mystery bolt (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ907Warrior

SILVER Star
Threads
Using a 69 Fj40 tub in my build.
Recently making repairs I had a bolt(press in stud) fall out of the tubs channel that's behind the seats, where the floor steps up.

Never seen it before, any thoughts on where/what it goes too?
20240105_083355.jpg

Looks like a knob. Splines keep it from turning when you tighten the nut to draw in the tapered section ahead of the splines. Great pic, nice ring too.

Throw it away and guaranteed you’ll figure it out. That’s what has always worked for me. Ha ha 🍺🍺

As mentioned above the splines and taper have a press in vibe. But the other end has more of a “centering pin” look.

Completely random vote - any chance something with the seats? Seat belt mount for stock roll cage or one of the bits off of front seats, etc…?

Nik

Recently making repairs I had a bolt(press in stud) fall out of the tubs channel that's behind the seats, where the floor steps up.

View attachment 3525520
I am not aware of any part on my '72 40 that looked like this

The splines and stud make it look a lot like part of a windshield wiper arm post.
Looked at some photos of the wiper assembly, that might actually be the piece. Very high potential I think.

View attachment 3525520

The threads look SAE course pitch

The vertical taper splines look DETROIT WWI era technology ..

Hummm….?

Last edited:
The threads look SAE course pitch
She be a metric pitch 6-1.0, got it currently stored in an original body nut for the time being.

While I was sitting in this jumper seat taking photos. I noticed a stamp on the backside 🧐

20240107_050838.jpg
20240107_051240.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom