Mystery Bolt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Much to my surprise I saw this laying on the ground next to my '72 FJ40 when I walked out to the garage this morning - never a good thing to see. It is an M8x1.25 bolt. Now the search of where it came from begins. Might first thought is it has something to do with having recently installed front disc brakes and a new brake master cylinder.

1704391821657.jpeg
1704391901259.jpeg

Yes it is! It was so caked with gunk I didn't notice. Good eye!
Any idea where a bolt like that is used?

Bolt 03.jpg

Bolt 04.jpg

By the way - great color FJ you've got! Hahha! Looks the same as mine. Do you know the color code? I know it's not Capri or "Blue Sky" from Cruiser corp.
No. I’ve been trying to find it. I thought it was Capri then Horizontal blue. I wish I knew.

Thanks! I've ruled out Horizon Blue so far since it doesn't show being used on my model year - but I think it must be the one. I'm going to try getting it matched.

Thanks for the info!
I know my 73 left Japan in horizontal blue. I doubt they had both Capri blue and horizontal blue simultaneously.

The color charts are not all inclusive. Your truck is most likely horizontal blue, 808.

you guys are hilarious,
instant interweb LC diagnosis!
tip your waiter

I know my 73 left Japan in horizontal blue. I doubt they had both Capri blue and horizontal blue simultaneously.

The color charts are not all inclusive. Your truck is most likely horizontal blue, 808.
Good news 808 is a match to my '70 FJ40. I went to my local NAPA and they mixed me an aerosol can to test of their "Valencia Blue 808" and I believe its a ringer for "Horizontal blue". For comparison I have my own samples of Capri and Blue Sky, 808 and my kick vent for reference - see photos. Thanks for comments and suggestions!

808 Horizontal Valencia Blue.jpg

310 Capri Blue.jpg

All Colors.jpg

NAPA 808 Code.jpg

1970 FJ40 Horizontal Blue.jpg

Good news 808 is a match to my '70 FJ40. I went to my local NAPA and they mixed me an aerosol can to test of their "Valencia Blue 808" and I believe its a ringer for "Horizontal blue". For comparison I have my own samples of Capri and Blue Sky, 808 and my kick vent for reference - see photos. Thanks for comments and suggestions!

1970 FJ40 Horizontal Blue.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom