My front bumper build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dude I should have waited for somebody like you to come across with all these new equipment, I am a player with the rear bumper, and sliders and a possible roof rack!

I just read this thread for the first time. Incredible design and workmanship. Never thought a bumper could qualify as eye candy.

If you come up with a similar updated rear bumper and sliders, etc.,
you could quit your day job and punch those things out for us.
(well when I finally get my 80, I'll be wanting a set for sure)

Could you sell them complete as well as unwelded for those of us who have welders??

I did not see any price est. posted yet. Guess you are not at that stage yet. The price of steel is going up like fuel prices too, that will make pricing variable.

Thanks for the pics and the inspiration.

Very pretty, nicely done.

:cheers:

D-

Looking GRRRRREAT!!! Where is the space for Driving Lights...besides the fog lights?

Thanks everyone! So many things to do!:rolleyes:

Looks awesome! I would choose something different for the upper section, but your's is definitely functional and well designed and executed.

Looks awesome! I would choose something different for the upper section, but your's is definitely functional and well designed and executed.

I just couldn't "see" anything else when I was building it. I thought about a simple hoop or stinger style. I almost did away with all of the tubing. There are so many different things that could be done. One other reason for the tube work is I'm making a bolt on billet aluminum clamp setup for tree limb cables that will go to the roof rack. :idea:

I would have gone a little more pre-runner with it, a hood height stinger instead of the vertical plates with those tubes to guard the headlights. Going into production of these any time soon though?

Yea, I know what you're saying. I like that idea too. I am going for the "outback expedition" look. Still having thougths of the production thing. Just not sure yet. It will require a lot of time and money to do it.

Last edited:
Yep, expedition style is what you accomplished...I guess I like the pre-runner/rock crawler look. All in taste. Yea, production of anything like this is definitely a tough and expensive task, and in the 80 series world, there just aren't enough buyers to keep things affordable.

You have created a truly original and very functional work of art. Well done.

The ARB is extreme expedition look, IMO what you've done here is a good balance of function and style without the overbearing presence of the ARB. I still worry about the closeness to the body, have you flexed it out at all to see if body contact is an issue?

Also, does/will this require relo of the AC bottle thats below the DS headlight? I think that's a good idea anyway, just won't get to that for some time down the road.

So now all the questions have to be answered... how many do you have to sell at what price to make a little dough?

Again, I'm probably on the buyers list.

Dan.

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Don't get a big head..... Accidentally gave you 5 beers on a 4 beer scale! Silver will look great with the bumper. Good Job. -Andy

Essentially Off Road is not far from me here. Great place.

I'll be making another trip to the U.P. of Mich. this next summer. Would you build a bumper, just like that one, for me? I'll pick it up my self.

Nice work, really nice work.

Nice work! I want a GL JET Bumper! Can't wait to see what you come up with for the A$$ end.

Still having thougths of the production thing. Just not sure yet. It will require a lot of time and money to do it.

Even if you don't decide to create a production do-it-yourself kit you could probably just sell the CAD files or plans for a small fee and let people take them into their own local metal shop to get the pieces cut out. Obviously not a huge profit for you in the long run but better than not doing it at all.

that's an awesome bumper! I'll be keeping an eye out for price on this baby. I hope you have something available soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom