my 80 series build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
tle: Project Overland Beast - Building the Toughest FZJ80 for Australian Touring

Hey 4WD enthusiasts!

I'm thrilled to be part of this community as I embark on a journey to transform my 1994 FZJ80 Toyota Land Cruiser into the ultimate touring machine. i had unfortunate experience with my last landcruser and rolled cutting my last trip around Aus short but the good news is that car had a 1hdt engine in it. I'm determined to bounce back stronger than ever.

About Me:I'm not a seasoned mechanic, but I've got a passion for tinkering and a willingness to learn. This project is a one-person show for me, as I'm diving into the world of 4WD modification without much prior experience. I've rented out a yard, armed myself with tools, and have a skilled welder and fabricator on standby to assist with the heavy-duty modifications.

The Vision:My goal? To create the toughest 80 series for touring, specifically geared towards conquering the challenging terrains of Australia. The FZJ80 is my canvas, and I plan to document every step of the process, seeking guidance and insights from the knowledgeable members of this forum.

Current Status:
i have started stripping down the car so i can star brassing the chassy and add in all the new suspensing and diffs I'm eager to share the journey with all of you.

1HDT Engine Conversion & Transmission Challenges:One significant aspect of this project is the engine swap. I'm transplanting the heart from my last rolled Land Cruiser - a 1HDT engine - into this FZJ80. It adds a layer of complexity, and I anticipate potential challenges with the transmission or gearbox. As I delve into this, I'd appreciate any advice or experiences you can share regarding potential pitfalls with these components.

The Help I Need:While I have a fabricator ready to tackle structural modifications, the engine work, 1HDT conversion, and potential transmission issues are my domain. I'd love to hear your thoughts, suggestions, and experiences on engine upgrades, addressing potential gearbox problems, suspension tweaks, and any other modifications that could turn this Land Cruiser into a true beast.

What to Expect:I plan to post regular updates, sharing the highs and lows of this project. From wrenching in the yard to navigating the complexities of customization, I hope to build a conversation around this build and learn from the collective wisdom of this community.

So, buckle up, fellow 4WD enthusiasts! I'm inviting you to join me on this adventure. Share your insights, warn me of pitfalls, and let's turn this FZJ80 into a testament to the spirit of DIY 4WD modifications.

Let the journey begin!

tempImage9S7Cfq.png

IMG_5129.jpg

okay guy so I'll be posting an update tomorrow of the work I have done i have realised it will be easier to post it as a video i will be making a YouTube channel to show you guys my updates currently the car is almost completely scrapped down to just the front and back diffs and tyre and suspension the cab is on the chassis the reason I have done this as I have decided to chop the back out before it is off the chasse then start doing a full restoration of the cab i have never chopped a cab before so any helo would be great ill be chopping it to a 300 space cab

Was it a rollover, what caused the crash? No harm no foul, I guess. You don't look unhappy or injured as a result.

Was it a rollover, what caused the crash? No harm no foul, I guess. You don't look unhappy or injured as a result.
i had a mechanic do some work on my front dif and he didn't tight the bult enough or any of the breaks either and the rear arm bar came loose and my frount diff came out and it lost control I'm lucky i only was going 60km an hour and rolled once that's why I'm smiling

i had a mechanic do some work on my front dif and he didn't tight the bult enough or any of the breaks either and the rear arm bar came loose and my frount diff came out and it lost control I'm lucky i only was going 60km an hour and rolled once that's why I'm smiling
You need a new mechanic.
Or start doing it yourself 😎

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom