Front bumper width (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all

I have a 95 GXL Rugby World Cup Edition 80, and over the weekend I removed a damaged alloy bullbar and installed a stock front bumper.
The bumper’s width is noticeably less than the vehicle’s width with the flares.

Do the stock bumpers have adjustability with the side ends? I don’t believe the flares to be wider than normal.

I’ll post up a photo and measurements shortly.

Here’s a photo. I’m assuming the bumper sides can be adjusted.

IMG_3376.jpeg

I just replaced my existing original front bumper and L and R extensions (end caps) with new OEM parts. There is no adjustability to them. Here's a shot of mine:
IMG_1858.jpeg

Could the OP's bumper be off a non-flare truck? Or for a truck with less robust flares? North American spec trucks were pretty much similar flares from the factory, but there is more variance overseas.

I ordered the L and R extensions off of PartSouq. You will want to make sure that the two bumper supports/stays are not bent, which can throw your front bumper off-center from the grill and headlights above it. One of mine was bent, so I used a small sledge hammer to tap it back its original form.

Here’s a photo. I’m assuming the bumper sides can be adjusted.

View attachment 3462599
The end caps you have may be from a 1991-1992. The flares on those years are more narrow.

Yes, you need end caps from a 1995+.

The 93-94 versions also have a chrome strip on top (depending on market) as well as the front bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom