ARB Front Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Don’t have an ARB but do have an 8274 (on the 40) and it’s a feet forward mount so I’m thinking it won’t work. Aren’t the ARB mounts for feet down winch mounts?

Don’t have an ARB but do have an 8274 (on the 40) and it’s a feet forward mount so I’m thinking it won’t work. Aren’t the ARB mounts for feet down winch mounts?
They are feet forward, no winch plate, but they mount somewhat tucked into the bumper underneath the bullbar. You could mount a feet down winch by simply rotating the winch but fitment comes into question.

I'm pretty sure that's the commercial version of the ARB bumper.

@flintknapper is that what you have?

ARB 'commercial' does in fact accept the Warn 8274 winch with no modifications.

ARB 'commercial' does in fact accept the Warn 8274 winch with no modifications.

Thanks for checking into this, Is this correct?
ARB Commercial bumper - Part Number: 3411020
It appears the biggest difference is the lower crossbar tube in the middle, on the "rare" commercial versions, it has a few bends in it so it sticks out. It also reportedly only is as wide as the body and not as wide as the fender flares.

Since the commercial version seems to be very rare, I'm betting I can likely get a deluxe version and modify the crossbar tube to accommodate the 8274. Has anyone else made this modification?

Thanks for checking into this, Is this correct?
ARB Commercial bumper - Part Number: 3411020
It appears the biggest difference is the lower crossbar tube in the middle, on the "rare" commercial versions, it has a few bends in it so it sticks out. It also reportedly only is as wide as the body and not as wide as the fender flares.

Since the commercial version seems to be very rare, I'm betting I can likely get a deluxe version and modify the crossbar tube to accommodate the 8274. Has anyone else made this modification?

Correct on all points. And yes, more than a few have modified the Deluxe model (cross bar tube) to accept the 8274.

IMO it makes for a much nicer bumper than the Commercial model which is rather Spartan.

If you use the search function on the subject there should a few threads on it and pictures of the finished product.

If you decide to go with a Comeup I would recommend the Seal Slim 9.5 or 12.5. You will need the spacer kit ARB sells or if you are handy, you could make them yourself. The 12.5 gets real tight in between the frame rails but it's doable. Since you are in the Sacramento area I would check in with Dissent, Trail Tailor, or even Marlin Crawler in Fresno as they all stock Comeup winches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom