Made my last call to Scott Clark this afternoon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Malleus

Far west of Siegen
Threads
Any interest in moving the clubhouse business to another dealership? Scott Clark's service (at their know-nothing, could-care-less parts counter) has never impressed me, but after having a brainless clerk argue with me about giving them, literally, hundreds of dollars of parts orders today, I will never do business with them again, no matter what discount I'm offered.

@roadstr6 has a dealership down by him that works well, but Scott Clark is a long-time sponsor of the club. Don't you think this can be worked out? What was the other side of the story, what was his point (whether right or wrong)?

Fred Anderson Toyota in Raleigh is another dealership that has worked very well with us throughout the years, despite occasional gripes.

That sucks... i've never personally had a problem with them but I also approach every dealership I go into as I know more than they do so i'm patient with them :hillbilly:

But as Johnny said we have at least 2 other dealers we get a discount with, one of them is in Charlotte also. And if you want someone that knows more than all of us do then just call Onur @beno for parts. Great discount and he will never steer you wrong.

That sucks... i've never personally had a problem with them but I also approach every dealership I go into as I know more than they do so i'm patient with them :hillbilly:

But as Johnny said we have at least 2 other dealers we get a discount with, one of them is in Charlotte also. And if you want someone that knows more than all of us do then just call Onur @beno for parts. Great discount and he will never steer you wrong.
Just remember about Beno's $100 minimum order. But he IS my preferred vendor by far because he knows what else I need to complete whatever job I'm attempting and doesn't laugh at me when I ask for 2 extra of something when I fear screwing up the first one.

He has also shown immense support for this club at every single raffle and event we've had going all the way back to his days at Nalley Toyota. Phenomenal resource, that guy.

And if you want someone that knows more than all of us do then just call Onur @beno for parts. Great discount and he will never steer you wrong.

Yes, yes and yes!

Beno, Beno he's our man, if he can't get it, no one can!!!

Scott Clark is hit and miss, depending who you get on the phone or in person. They are close to my backyard so I go there first (sometimes), but can be frustrating. They can recognize you or the club and be a great deal, or have no idea what you are talking about and have never heard of a Toyota before. Sometimes I call again and ask for Jeff Middleton, who always seems to know whats up. Otherwise, flip a coin.

I have had good luck at Town and Country Toyota on South Blvd. They usually give me a discount if I tell them I am a member of the local club. I purchased some parts a few weeks ago and got a really nice discount (better than Scott Clark) and left happy. The parts guys were helpful and I thought I had begun what would be a lasting relationship. I praised them here on the forum.

A couple of weeks later I picked up a few other items...same guy behind the counter. He only knocked 10 percent off. When I asked him why it was only 10 percent and explained to him that he had given me a better discount the time before he couldn't explain it other than to say that there must have been a mistake.

Discount or not, I much prefer dealing with the guys at Town and Country. IMO they are friendlier, more knowledgeable and helpful than SC. Not having to deal with traffic on Independence Blvd is icing on the cake for me.

FWIW, I have also had good luck at Toyota of North Charlotte. I bought a factory steel wheel for a 40 from them. They were cheaper than SC (even with the discount) and they were nice folks too.

Any interest in moving the clubhouse business to another dealership? Scott Clark's service (at their know-nothing, could-care-less parts counter) has never impressed me, but after having a brainless clerk argue with me about giving them, literally, hundreds of dollars of parts orders today, I will never do business with them again, no matter what discount I'm offered.

Please PM me. I spoke with Jeff Knell last week and learned he was moved to handle wholesale parts sales. I'd like to try and fix this.

Vann York Toyota in High Point doesn't get any thing close to a rave review. I have tried to order parts before and all I get is the treatment as though I am bothering the guy on the counter. Sometimes it takes five minutes for someone to get off their stool and come to the counter. Once I had the guy actually ask me what I wanted from 15 feet away and when I got the parts he all but tossed them to me.

^^ Not impressed with that place - that rusty cruiser lure was one aspect, also general treatment.

Rice Toyota was awesome the one time I had to grab some bolts from them, though.

Rice Toyota spent 10 minutes trying to tell me there was no such thing as a "spindle" on the front axle of an 80 and the thing the bearings ride on is called a "hub". :bang:

Vann York Toyota in High Point doesn't get any thing close to a rave review. I have tried to order parts before and all I get is the treatment as though I am bothering the guy on the counter. Sometimes it takes five minutes for someone to get off their stool and come to the counter. Once I had the guy actually ask me what I wanted from 15 feet away and when I got the parts he all but tossed them to me.
Same treatment to me . It's somewhere on a rant thread.

Looks like I'm not alone. FWIW, Onur's out of pocket until after the 4th; he's moving to CO. I'd have placed my order with him, if he'd been available (and I wasn't buying a couple of washers). I also have had good experiences with the parts departments at both T&C and Toyota of North Charlotte, although I can't say the same for their mechanics.

I appreciate the interest from those who are huge Scott Clark fans, but I've lived in Charlotte 22 years and this experience is typical of every one I've had there since 1995. I usually swear off them for 4 or 5 years, and then go back, only to find they've gotten worse. I've learned my lesson, I will not go back there again.

McGeorge Toyota's (VA) online quote beat everyone's, toyotapartsestore.com and Olathe (KS) included (and they're usually best, behind Onur). They got the order.

www.Partsouq.com often has superb pricing, and even though they are in saudi, parts get here in 3 days. I got all my wheel nuts from them, $3.66 each vs $7-$8 from SC Toyota with "discount". Adds up quickly if you can wait, ordered on 4/17 evening, delivered 4/20 mid-day.

www.Partsouq.com often has superb pricing, and even though they are in saudi, parts get here in 3 days. I got all my wheel nuts from them, $3.66 each vs $7-$8 from SC Toyota with "discount". Adds up quickly if you can wait, ordered on 4/17 evening, delivered 4/20 mid-day.

Gave them a try today .... will report back.. Thanks.

Sorry for the experience you had with them. Hopefully Dave can help resolve this. I've had really good communication with Brandon at Mid State Toyota in Ashboro. But my first call will always be to Onur.

I have had great luck at Mid State too - Brandon in parts is very helpful.

Just seach for the Toyota Parts Catalog (used to be a sticky on our site but someone keeps moving it) and find the part numbers. Parts guys love it, it helps them out and solves the naming issue. Never had a problem with Fred Anderson or Apex (Hendrick) Toyota getting the part I need.

Following Grand Master Dave roadstr6 advise, went to Town and Country to get an original cut key as my ignition tumbler was acting up. But first, called Scott Clark, then Hendricks, then T&C.
  • Scott Clark: they can do it, have to order the keys as they dont have any, and will be just under $50 and will be next week, Monday at the earliest.
  • Hendricks in Concord: "dude, I dont know, we need to remove the passenger door cylinder to get the key code, might take some time, and I don't know if we have keys like that. But when the manager comes in, I will call you back with details, this the best number to reach you? okay, will call you at 8:15" Still no call at 12:00.
  • Town and Country: Yes, we can do it, about $16 for the Toyota key, bring registration and your license, we send a request to Toyota and get authorization in about 10 mins, we can do it anytime.
T&C, Paul took care of me, $16.09. Made some more copies at Lowes, and was able to use the key on the tailgate for the first time, ever. And the ignition tumbler works like silk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom