Lutz Auto - Speedometer Correction Device (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wanted to add another endorsing thumbs up for the Lutz calibration devices for my 1995 Series 80. My FZJ is on 35" x 10"r17" Kenda Klevers and I had it regeared by Valley Hybrids to 4.88s. Prior to the calibration, I made several calculations at 5 MPH increments from 30 MPH - 80 MPH and determined with my tyre & gear combination, I was actually traveling (GPS) 7.6% under what the speedometer read. The Lutz device came with a formula which revealed the exact same percentage under. The Lutz is adjusted by 2 buttons, one is +0.5%, the other is -0.5%. In my case, this equated to 15 presses of the -0.5% button.

After installing, I turned the ignition to the ON position, pressed the -0.5% button 15 times, closed it up and went for a drive. It was interesting to find out that GPS is slower to react than the speedometer. My truck is now showing the correct speed & odometer mileage. This is a great product. The installation and calibration process was very easy.

We are pleased to bring you the fully plug-and-play Lutz Auto Speedometer Calibrator for 80/100 series landcruiser's/LX's. This speedometer calibrator is fully adjustable and has no latency issues. After installing and calibrating it, you will forget that it exists! Ships quickly from the central coast of California.

For the month of April get a 10% discount using code: APRIL-MUD at checkout.

80/100 Series Landcruiser & LX450/LX470 Speedometer Calibrator/Correction Device | Lutz Auto - https://www.lutzauto.com/product-page/80-series-landcruiser-lx450-speedometer-calibrator
View attachment 2635655
Anything for the FJ62? Or does it use older tech? Just starting to figure this out.

My '03 4Runner could use this if an unit is developed for it!!

Does this work on a 06 LX470? The product page specifically mentions 06-07 LC

Does this work on a 06 LX470? The product page specifically mentions 06-07 LC
We had some issues recently with 06-07 landcruisers, so I have taken the kit down for 06-07. I am working on it and will PM you.

Have any LX570’s made it through your doors for testing yet?

Hi,
Thank you for putting out this product for the community. I haven’t ordered yet because I’m concerned about the exposed wire. Do you have any recommendations about addressing/protecting that, I didn’t notice any discussion on your site or in this thread.
Thanks

Hi,
Thank you for putting out this product for the community. I haven’t ordered yet because I’m concerned about the exposed wire. Do you have any recommendations about addressing/protecting that, I didn’t notice any discussion on your site or in this thread.
Thanks
I can tell you what I’ve done for my e-locker wires. I used shrink tube personally and am comfortable with the extra durability of that. Others have used split loom or mesh wire protection sleeves over that.

Hi,
Thanks

We have actually recently updated the harness a bit. No functional difference, but the exposed wire would be a bit easier to cover with some good wire wrap or electrical tape to add some protection.

Bump bump - everyone still happy with the speedo correction? Looking to do this on my '94 in the near future. Thanks!

Props to @Lutz Auto on a slick product!

Last edited:
Any application for older *1992 Toyota pickup's? Ive got a JDM hilux i'd love to correct the speedo on. (ps i ordered your coolant alarm), so it applies to that speedo

Does your Hilux have an electronic speedo? If it has the 3 pin connector at the speed sensor, the speedometer calibrator should work no problem. Speed sensor would likely be in the transfer case. Feel free to send a photo over.

Does your Hilux have an electronic speedo? If it has the 3 pin connector at the speed sensor, the speedometer calibrator should work no problem. Speed sensor would likely be in the transfer case. Feel free to send a photo over.
pm sent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom