Lutz Auto - Speedometer Correction Device (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ordered my Speedo Corrector from Lutz and received it super fast. Everything is well explained and packaged. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks for such an easy purchase process!

Hi all,

Tech question - the speedo correction box seems to lose it's setting after sitting for a period of time. If I go through the initial setup procedure I can get everything to work as expected but, after a few days or so the calibration setting are "lost" and it goes back to reading stock. Is there something I'm missing to get the setting to stick?

Vehicle is a 1997 FZJ80.

Hi all,

Tech question - the speedo correction box seems to lose it's setting after sitting for a period of time. If I go through the initial setup procedure I can get everything to work as expected but, after a few days or so the calibration setting are "lost" and it goes back to reading stock. Is there something I'm missing to get the setting to stick?

Vehicle is a 1997 FZJ80.
Did you ever get this sorted out?

Sounds like the settings are stored in volatile memory and held with either battery power or a super capacitor. If it's a battery, is it accessible to swap out? That's my guess is that there's a 3.6V coin battery that's failing. I could be completely wrong though, and maybe it's supposed to get constant power and isn't due to a vehicle wiring issue.

@NorCalFJ100 & @MB Flatlander

I am just seeing this. I PM'd MB.

We did have a short run over a year ago that had this issue (only 20 units or so). A recall email was sent and most of them were replaced promptly.

The device maintains memory without power or a battery. We had this issue because of a chip setting I missed when switching microcontrollers due to the chip shortage. This was quickly solved and the chip maintains memory with no problems.

Last edited:
I'll give it a go! Just ordered. Thanks!!

@NorCalFJ100 & @MB Flatlander

I am just seeing this. I PM'd MB.

We did have a short run over a year ago that had this issue (only 20 units or so). A recall email was sent and most of them were replaced promptly.

The device maintains memory without power or a battery. We had this issue because of a chip setting I missed when switching microcontrollers due to the chip shortage. This was quickly solved and the chip maintains memory with no problems.
Makes sense. I was assuming since his issue with losing settings was time dependant that it would be stored in volatile memory.

Ordered one ... Ever since I went up to 33s I've been relying on a GPS speedometer sitting on top of my dash to verify my speed now I'm going up to 35 and wanting to get rid of the GPS Speedo.

Wednesday: I get this picture from a police friend that passed me. Thankfully, no ticket, but I took it as a friendly warning. I didn’t think my speedo was off that much. Ordered this unit when I got home that afternoon.
72177913653__532CB66C-11AD-4D3D-A594-B8032A09CC3B.jpeg

Monday: Unit arrives on lunch break. Took literally less than 10 minutes to install it and calibrate it. Fantastic product, thanks @Lutz Auto

I just wanted to let everyone know that we now offer this speedometer/odometer adjuster for older Hilux, 1st gen Tacoma's, and 3rd gen 4Runners.

Thanks for all the support on this forum

Got this installed in a temporary position yesterday before driving to work. Confirmed 100% my speedometer was reading three ish miles per hour slow because of my 33 inch tires on my 100 series Land cruiser. On the way home I followed the instructions and after stopping three times for minor adjustments I now have the speedometer reading correctly. I will say the adjustments are extremely minor and I would say I have the speedometer within .25+/-mph of the GPS speedometer I was using and my cell phone GPS.

Today I'm going to find a more permanent mounting location and seal the box with some RTV. 10 out of 10 would recommend if you've changed gears and or tire size

Hi @Lutz Auto , a bit of a dense question, does this work with overseas model 80’s that are Kms based, not miles? I have a 1995 HDJ80 diesel in Australia that I am wanting to correct from 35” tyres. Assuming the plug and play aspect will still work and that you ship to Australia?

Many thanks for an awesome product.

@Player1

Thank you for your interest. It works on overseas models as well. We ship to Australia frequently.

Ordered today!

I’ve been using one of these to calibrate 33.1” tires on a 2006 LX470 for 6 months. Overall it works well except when cruise control is on. When cruise is on there is a undulation where the throttle goes up and back down over and over. The vehicle speeds up then slows back down ever so slightly but noticeable, over and over and over. it’s enough to make me not use cruise control. This is most noticeable on flat surfaces. It seems to me there is a delay while the unit processes data and spits out an answer back to the vehicle but that’s just my guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom