Builds Locked79's Build Thread. Vdj79 + Fzj105 = ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow.

It's a good thing you live in a free country. :doh:

I'd hate to see the regulations for brushing your teeth.....:lol:

Last edited:
Road worthy certificate is pretty easy. He rig just needs to be road safe. No cracks in the windshield, all bushes and bearings tight, brakes in good condition and pass a brake test, no rust holes in the body, good tyres, tight steering etc.

For the engineering side of it, if welding on the chassis, the engineer wants surface prep photos of all areas and photos of the components fully welded out before paint. All the materials and thicknesses must be upto his specifications. All clearances around critical component's must be maintained. No bird s*** or inclusions in the welds etc.

Then the vehicle goes to the engineer for one last inspection. The certificate and mod plate get written out and (lots of) $ gets exchanged.

If the department of transport pulls up a non compliant vehicle, they can put it off the road right away. This can vary a little from state to state. Also, a mod plated vehicle is fully insurable.

Below are some of the QLD if anyones interested.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwjJ2YXK5uzOAhUEsJQKHfADB6kQFggbMAA&url=http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/~/media/busind/accreditations/Approved%20person%20scheme/APSummaryofcodesqualificationsandequipment.pdf&usg=AFQjCNF15QkAicFJ5ljh6yhlaUzWgEYXsw&sig2=9bsyKs9fAHf6iSHmf9V7eQ

Not as bad as I imagined. As you rightly said, if done correctly, which is what you want to be doing in the first place, then its relatively easy.

Carry on sir!

well done mate it turned out good everything looks in proportion you've got a nice looking truck there :)

Started building a heavy duty flatbed tray for the cruiser this week. The aluminiun one bends and flexs way to much when loaded for my liking. The rattles and bangs coming out of it are doing my head in. It has to go.

I'm not 100% on the new design so Im gunna wing it and see how it goes.

Here's a progress pic.
20160927_162126.jpg

Its getting a hardwood floor but won't be a tip tray as mentioned earlier. A 10x6 tip trailer will fill the void. The headboard is 3" and will add some roll over protecting. Ran out of welding gas so progress has halted for now.

Steel tray is the way to go. I've had a couple of work Utes with aluminum trays on them they all bloody Rattle and then I replace them with steel ones after a while solve the problem

Got it blasted on friday arvo. My mate owns and runs a panel shop so we spent the weekend preping and painting so as not to cut into shop time. I think it came out great. Time for lights, guards, wiring and flooring.
20161114_100114.jpg

As we all know, storage space is at a premium on these single cab utes. There's really not much room behind the seats for tools and recovery gear storage so I made some under tray toolboxes. They utilise the space between the rear of the cab and the rear wheels on both sides.
20161115_114131.jpg

I also scored another ARB bullbar and side rails/brush bars. They will require some mods to fit and will then be going to get powdercoated along with the toolboxes.

Bullbar, side rails and toolbox off to get powdercoated. Goin antique silver hammer tone finish.
20161117_123033.jpg

Also picked up the timber for the floor. Still needs to be screwed down and finished off
20161119_123223.jpg

Looking good mate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom