Builds Lexus LX450 Cummins 6bt/NV4500 swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes I love it 28k kms on it, one 8k km round trip to Moab and zero issues. Totally worth it in my mind. On our moab trip a gas 80 was along and used 1/3rd more fuel over the entire trip.

Exhaust is untouched. Only change I have made since the first swap was 1/2" fuel feed line.
What did the 1/2" line do for you?

Yes, did learn alot. Thx to you and mry for being so thorough in your pics and writeup. Was fun to watch you guys race to the end Just 2 questions: Are you still happy with it, worth the time you spent on it? And did you stay with the same exhaust setup?
Yep I love mine still too...highly recommend doing the swap. I have her in pieces right now for diff /axle rebuilds and some super fancy suspension work in advance of Cruise Moab at the end of April.

Yep I love mine still too...highly recommend doing the swap. I have her in pieces right now for diff /axle rebuilds and some super fancy suspension work in advance of Cruise Moab at the end of April.
Look forward to seeing how your trk works with tht new suspension. If you are going to be at Cruise Moab, and if it works for you, it would be worth the drive to come see your rig. I'm not tht far away. Even if I have to come in the Heep. And thx to you too for your info filled build. Filled in a lot of holes.

That is my plan at this point. I had thought about trying to use the F800 accessory mount but there is a bunch of stuff I did not like about it. One thing that was nice was the ability to use a SI22 alternator lots of cheap HI amp options for them.

Not yet, I'm kind of waiting to see how your revised one works. I am at a good point to go either way, I have no alternator or A/C compressor.

My feeling is the Cummins braket will be most straightforward. I will need to make a water inlet (easy) and a alternator arm (fairly easy). Benefit is its factory for the engine and beef. I retain the factory 2nd Gen Thermostat housing so cracking issues. Another benefit is the A/C compressor for this mount is compact and has a number of different manifolds. Alternator is also a plus as I can use a SI22 of witch there are lots of options. Not sure if they have one or how I would wire it into the truck.

The Cummins braket will cost me about $500cnd plus the alternator and A/C comp. The diesel adapters braket will cost me around $750 plus an alternator and A/C compressor......

Is the SI22 GM alternator internally regulated? Or do you have to swap in the Toyota regulator?

Hey Jeremy, Did you ever figure out your low boost issue? I am looking at options to reduce EGT's. I can control with the AFC live, but then I have all this fuel/power that isn't getting used. May need a bigger turbo than the HX35.

Hey Jeremy, Did you ever figure out your low boost issue? I am looking at options to reduce EGT's. I can control with the AFC live, but then I have all this fuel/power that isn't getting used. May need a bigger turbo than the HX35.

What are your EGTs? And what is your boost? Do you know the compressor size of that HX35? They came in 56mm, 57mm, 58mm I believe. Also if you knew the exhaust housing size that would help. 12cm2, 14cm2, 16,18?

What are your EGTs? And what is your boost? Do you know the compressor size of that HX35? They came in 56mm, 57mm, 58mm I believe. Also if you knew the exhaust housing size that would help. 12cm2, 14cm2, 16,18?
If I dont use the AFC live to tune the fuel down, I can very quickly ping 1400. I have it tuned so I dont go over 1200 or so, but I am leaving a lot of hill pulling power on the table by doing so. I am not sure about the compressor wheel, but the housing is a 12cm2.

If I dont use the AFC live to tune the fuel down, I can very quickly ping 1400. I have it tuned so I dont go over 1200 or so, but I am leaving a lot of hill pulling power on the table by doing so. I am not sure about the compressor wheel, but the housing is a 12cm2.

Hmmm. AFC is for preboost fuel and not the full fuel screw as I'm sure you know. What is your max boost psi at 1400*?

I bet you had some nice power at 1400. I think I hit that mark once when I was driving angry and put my foot to the floor to passed an idiot on a hill. Looked at the boost and I was at 30psi and EGT was at 1050 post turbo.
@mryanangel On your pre turbo ISSPRO gauge what color is 1400? My post turbo shows 1050 the start of red.

Hmmm. AFC is for preboost fuel and not the full fuel screw as I'm sure you know. What is your max boost psi at 1400*?
My wastegate will start to open up at about 18-20psi or so, but I am seeing about 25 pounds when flooring it, a lot of that fuel is just going straight out the wastegate.

I bet you had some nice power at 1400. I think I hit that mark once when I was driving angry and put my foot to the floor to passed an idiot on a hill. Looked at the boost and I was at 30psi and EGT was at 1050 post turbo.
@mryanangel On your pre turbo ISSPRO gauge what color is 1400? My post turbo shows 1050 the start of red.
I don't have a color wheel on my gauges...I just drive to keep it below 1200, but getting tired of having to watch the gauge. I want to be able to give it the heavy foot treatment and not worry about my temps.

My wastegate will start to open up at about 18-20psi or so, but I am seeing about 25 pounds when flooring it, a lot of that fuel is just going straight out the wastegate.

I would try tightening up your wastgate a bit for sure. If your flooring it I would think it would hit 35-40 easy. The difference from maxing at 25 to maxing at 35 is night and day. You may not be comfortable holding 35 psi for long periods, but I do it all day. May take some pedal control to keep at a more comfortable 30psi for longer periods, but the extra air you're adding will burn that extra fuel going out your tail pipe. And the extra boost you're adding will lower those egts too. I ran an HX35

Sorry @Wheelingnoob for the hijack!!

I would try tightening up your wastgate a bit for sure. If your flooring it I would think it would hit 35-40 easy. The difference from maxing at 25 to maxing at 35 is night and day. You may not be comfortable holding 35 psi for long periods, but I do it all day. May take some pedal control to keep at a more comfortable 30psi for longer periods, but the extra air you're adding will burn that extra fuel going out your tail pipe. And the extra boost you're adding will lower those egts too. I ran an HX35

Sorry @Wheelingnoob for the hijack!!
Will give it a shot

What size injectors are you running?
X2 what Jason said
I am running stock injectors with nozzles that have been extruded 20%, timing set to 16 degrees, 4k GSK, larger bowl Mahle pistons

I would think the HX35 would handle tht much increase. Is tht 20% over on 215HP injectors? Tht should be about a 5x.011 or 12 right? I have stock inj. w/ the HX35 no spring kit and between 35-40# (or a little more) is when it starts getting with the program. X3 from Jason

I would think the HX35 would handle tht much increase. Is tht 20% over on 215HP injectors? Tht should be about a 5x.011 or 12 right? I have stock inj. w/ the HX35 no spring kit and between 35-40# (or a little more) is when it starts getting with the program. X3 from Jason
Yep 215 hp pump and injectors

haha, reading > me. My apologies, nothing to see here. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom