What's the value of my 1997 Lexus LX450? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey y'all! I'm new here, but trying to figure the as-is value of my Lexus LX450 (not triple locked). Any and all input is appreciated but I'd especially love to hear from you more seasoned MUD folks who have been around this community for a bit and have a good grasp on the market. Just ran out during my lunch break to take a few quick pictures (sorry, they're not great angles, bad lighting). But here's the quick, run down of where I'm at with it...

1997 Lexus LX450
252,143 miles
Third owner, bought it from a friend in August 2022 who did regular oil changes himself.
Maintenance and Mechanical Work I've had done:
- Full Synthetic Oil Changes
- New Battery
- New Spark Plugs, New Thermostat, and Distributor
- New Denso Alternator & Belt
- New Denso Radiator
- New Front Brake Pads & Rotors
- New Rear Brake Light Socket Assemblies
- Brand New BFG All Terrain K02 Tires 275/70/16

Flaws:
- Possible head gasket problem. Losing coolant. Pressure test detected no leaks.
- Needs a new after-market radio installed. The one it had was wired wrong, and drawing on the battery (hence the new battery and alternator.)
- Leather is Sub Par Condition (Front Seats, Steering Wheel, Middle Console need to be recovered/replaced, back seats are passable, but not great)
- Automatic windows work but slow down, sometimes to a stop, occasionally, and you have to wait til they wake up.
- Needs new, OEM style hood support struts.
- Exterior Body (a little paint damage on front hood, I don't mind it though)

How much do you think it is it worth? Would love to know your thoughts!

tempImageyMwWgZ.png
tempImageF36c3d.png

Last edited:
Might help fluidity of the thread if you combine the quotes into a single post when replying. Further, you can self assess your LC pretty easily in the classified and other sections of this forum. Lastly, you just posted that this has a HG issue so unless repaired, will tank the value.

This forum is a compendium of knowledge with helpful people and unhelpful people and the best thing you can do is simply help yourself. There is so much information already available to answer 99.9% of questions.

I'm not going anywhere, honey.
That's the spirit, Laddie!:rofl:
Earlier I was afraid you wern't going to be able to handle the official MUD welcome.

Welcome to MUD :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

What did you pay when you purchased? What price are you looking to sell? The value of your LX is going to be somewhere in between both of those numbers but will definitely NOT be higher than the first number.
Is this LX a hobby vehicle? A DD? A “so critical that it works to be able to drive it but I like living on the edge” vehicle? Maybe it’s a I had wild dreams about this truck when I bought it but now reality is sinking in and I might need to off load quick?
I am not trying to bait you at all. I hope you get the exact price you paid for it plus a little extra for the, you know, effort.
If it’s not your DD and you are genuinely interested in going the distance, Mud is the place to be for knowledge and reassurance you made the right choice.
GLWS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom