Builds Lexus LX450 Cummins 6bt/NV4500 swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes I did, I'm running 3" exhaust. 4" will be really had to fit on an 80 following stock exhaust routing.
What did you do for the downpipe? I was thinking a 3" stock dp from a gen 1. With the 351 flange welded on obviously. Or is yours total fabbed?

What did you do for the downpipe? I was thinking a 3" stock dp from a gen 1. With the 351 flange welded on obviously. Or is yours total fabbed?
I built mine turbo back, there is not a lot of room behind the turbo to firewall. I also wanted to allow room for an exhaust brake ( still not fitted).

I built mine turbo back, there is not a lot of room behind the turbo to firewall. I also wanted to allow room for an exhaust brake ( still not fitted).
Uh no, there isn't much room! And if you get an exhaust brake to fit, post pics. Cut a hole in firewall and operate by hand? Would give the passenger something to do

Haha the brake would not be mounted to the turbo like stock it would be mounted further down the pipe.

I bought a 351 weld on flange and a 4” 1st gen downpipe and canabalized it. Its two piece now.

Like Pac-Brakes? I would do one on my fummins under cab, but being in Wyo, afraid it would pack up with snow and be useless til spring thaw!
Yeah something, I never got that far. It works as is and right now that's all I need.

Hose just fits, I had to trim a lot of the original but got it to fit with out rubbing anywhere.

Lower fits well.

Do you have the part numbers for the upper and lower radiator hoses? Are they just the OEM Dodge hoses?

Also, did you have to use a reducer for the Dodge upper/lower radiator hoses to the Toyota radiator inlet/outlet?

D444-F52-F-36-D9-458-D-BED6-CCF0-D598-B9-F6.jpg

A2-ED3-A1-A-24-A2-478-E-B69-D-FBBF0429-C849.jpg

The Dodge hoses have a larger diameter than the Toyota radiator inlet/outlet.

For the own pipe you pretty much have to go custom. I have an HX35 stilll... but will be upgrading soon. I used a machined steel Hx35 back plate ($35 on ebay) and welded a tight 90 on the the plate and shot straight down to a v-band I welded on. From there on back it's all fairly straight forward.

Also, did you have to use a reducer for the Dodge upper/lower radiator hoses to the Toyota radiator inlet/outlet?

D444-F52-F-36-D9-458-D-BED6-CCF0-D598-B9-F6.jpg

A2-ED3-A1-A-24-A2-478-E-B69-D-FBBF0429-C849.jpg

The Dodge hoses have a larger diameter than the Toyota radiator inlet/outlet.
Most of us are using custom thermostat housing with water neck that matches Toyota. The accessory rail had the lower that matched Toyota. On my new build I am using an updated accessory rail that is all steal instead of aluminum. I will use reducer for upper hose.

Most of us are using custom thermostat housing with water neck that matches Toyota. The accessory rail had the lower that matched Toyota. On my new build I am using an updated accessory rail that is all steal instead of aluminum. I will use reducer for upper hose.

Thanks! What do you do for the lower hose? Use a reducer?

Cimm what are the details on the steel version of our accessory bracket? Did you reverse engineer it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom