Let's see your man cave / shop lounge (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's quite a wall! Mike

And the price tag will have me in hot water with the bride for a long time (her memory is not short ... especially when it comes to money :hillbilly:). It will be worth it in the long run though.

hopefully ill be able to contribute here soon. planning on a cheap 12x24 garage in the spring...nothing special im just sick of working outside:cheers:

Just got done putting in a new subpanel in the garage...figured I'd post it up here. Ran 2- 220v for the compressor and welder / plasma. Also a few 110's for little tools.

I'm gonna run some conduit across the ceiling and wire up some new lights and pull-down extension cords in the future.

Got it all cleaned up so my wife can actually park in there while I'm not wrenchin on the Cruiser - should make for a happy wife :)
image-3250958038.jpg
image-739507702.jpg

I like the 40 front clip....it gives a little more look to it than just the bib....

This garage has been a work in progress for the last 3 years, but its finally starting to look how I pictured it years ago when I started this thing. I've done all of the work myself as time and money has permitted, and am pleased to say that I'm done for now! All of the windows, doors, (except over-head doors) cabinets, and various other goodies have been collected at various job sites over the past 5 years or so, and have been collecting dust in my shed until just recently. I can't tell you what a life improvement having this thing mostly completed is! I went from bursting at the seams and working in the dirt to feeling like King Arthur. Needless to say, I spend a lot more time in the garage_ my :princess: even likes to join me which never happened before. The garage portion was my main priority, and the upstairs "man-cave" portion will likely take me another year or two to complete as I have big plans for it. Chances are I will settle on a couple things in order to enjoy it while I am still young. Anyhow, here are some details:
The shop is 36 feet wide by 28 feet deep with attic trusses over 2/3 of the garage, and 8/12 inside pitch scissor trusses over the other 3rd to accomodate a lift. The shop has a 200 amp service with dedicated power for the lift, welder, garage door openers, and compressor, along with outlets every 5 feet around the perimeter. For lighting I used 12 8ft 4-lamp double channel fluorescent fixtures on 2 switches- 1 switch for the lights over the lift stall and 1 for the rest of the garage.
That's all I can really think of without getting too detailed. Any questions comments, input, or advice is very welcome! :cheers:

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

^^^ Holy cow that is NICE. Wish you were my neighbor!

Yeah that's really nice!! Had a few questions although I doubt I'm going to be putting in that much work into an existing garage.

1) What made you decide to go with the 3 doors?
2) Is it heated/AC? (I noticed the Wisconsin plates)
3) Pics on the man cave upstairs please?

I decided to go with 3 doors mainly because I like the appearance- the garage is divided into thirds, so in my mind its symmetrical, but it also made sense structurally. The girder trusses that support the load of both dormers on the 2nd level sit directly on top of the posts that are on either side of the middle door. If it were any other way, it would have requied much more in the way of header support.
For hvac, I intend to heat and cool both levels using a high efficiency lp furnace using a dual-zone controller to control each area seperately. I intent to heat the upstairs year-round, and will be able to heat up the garage pretty quickly just by turning a dial. For now I'm using a stinky kerosene heater and I'm pretty sure my IQ drops a few points every time I have to use it.
I'll post up some pics as well of the unfinished man cave. Excuse the clutter.

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

I decided to go with 3 doors mainly because I like the appearance- the garage is divided into thirds, so in my mind its symmetrical, but it also made sense structurally. The girder trusses that support the load of both dormers on the 2nd level sit directly on top of the posts that are on either side of the middle door. If it were any other way, it would have requied much more in the way of header support.
For hvac, I intend to heat and cool both levels using a high efficiency lp furnace using a dual-zone controller to control each area seperately. I intent to heat the upstairs year-round, and will be able to heat up the garage pretty quickly just by turning a dial. For now I'm using a stinky kerosene heater and I'm pretty sure my IQ drops a few points every time I have to use it.
I'll post up some pics as well of the unfinished man cave. Excuse the clutter.

Just saw your response. That garage makes me want to move to the country where you can buy a lot of land for what I'm paying for my 1800 sq ft lot

Seems I've posted this pic in some other thread, but here it is again. My nightly hangout, no work allowed in this area.

012.jpg

I officially hate all of you

This garage has been a work in progress for the last 3 years, but its finally starting to look how I pictured it years ago when I started this thing. I've done all of the work myself as time and money has permitted, and am pleased to say that I'm done for now! All of the windows, doors, (except over-head doors) cabinets, and various other goodies have been collected at various job sites over the past 5 years or so, and have been collecting dust in my shed until just recently. I can't tell you what a life improvement having this thing mostly completed is! I went from bursting at the seams and working in the dirt to feeling like King Arthur. Needless to say, I spend a lot more time in the garage_ my :princess: even likes to join me which never happened before. The garage portion was my main priority, and the upstairs "man-cave" portion will likely take me another year or two to complete as I have big plans for it. Chances are I will settle on a couple things in order to enjoy it while I am still young. Anyhow, here are some details:
The shop is 36 feet wide by 28 feet deep with attic trusses over 2/3 of the garage, and 8/12 inside pitch scissor trusses over the other 3rd to accomodate a lift. The shop has a 200 amp service with dedicated power for the lift, welder, garage door openers, and compressor, along with outlets every 5 feet around the perimeter. For lighting I used 12 8ft 4-lamp double channel fluorescent fixtures on 2 switches- 1 switch for the lights over the lift stall and 1 for the rest of the garage.
That's all I can really think of without getting too detailed. Any questions comments, input, or advice is very welcome! :cheers:

Wow.
That's is exactly what i would want in my back yard. :cheers:

attachment.php

I used to have a table in my basement years ago. I really miss it.

I like the idea of the subwoofer in the bottom drawer. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom