Let's see your man cave / shop lounge (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've been working on a major rework of my garage. For those of you who have seen it know that being able to see the concrete is a major feet. Now I'm going try to stuff all my cruiser parts in there as well until I can get a new warehouse to move into. First I bought some plastic totes from a friend. Ended up getting them for $1 each. All my parts will get put into those. Next I cut down some of my work racks and brought them home. The plan is to install two racks in my small garage. I can get two totes back to back. So far this is as far as I have gotten.
image-2525951249.jpg
image-287475635.jpg
image-1943142917.jpg
image-581035525.jpg

Troll - putting pallet rack in my garage was one of the best things I ever did. I got so much crap up off the floor.

I definitely agree, I inherited about 6 high quality storage racks that are evenly split between my basement workshop and the garage workshop. I use multiple totes/storage containers to put stuff, but they have their limitations I( I would rather have big pullout drawers to stick stuff.
I am always thinking of new ways to get crap off the floor so I can move around.
Sad thing is I cannot seem to keep my workbench clean.
Troll - putting pallet rack in my garage was one of the best things I ever did. I got so much **** up off the floor.

I envy some of the space and setups in some of these workshops. Mines more like a manhole than a man cave right now. With all my junk in it is feels about like walking through a storm sewer too. Down in the basement garage in our small house in town.

It'll have to do for now, till I get moving and finished on some renovations at the old home place. Keep the photos coming here, great to look through.

KB

One rack is 40"x12' x2 shelves is 84 square feet alone just for those two shelves in the back. The next rack to the left is going to be 40"x7' with with 6 shelves. That's an additional 150 square feet. So by adding two racks where there really wasn't anything anyway I added 250sqft to a garage that was only 500sqft. I've also got a buch of room over the garage door as well. Going to have to get creative with that though. Might just put a laminated beam up there and ad another big shelf. Also have a shed in back that I plan on adding a rack to as well. I've got 8 weeks to get it done and get all this and a bunch more in there.
IMG_3025.jpg

Wow trollholl that's awesome! Taking inventory , eh? I don't envy ya..

Got the final section of racking up in the garage. Added 4 shelves and over 100 sqft to the garage. I can fit about 40 of those plastic totes in just this one area. Ignore the crap in front of it. That's all waiting for the garbage man.
image-1795437962.jpg

Just put an add in craigs list asking for some. You would be surprised who may respond. The racking out of the warehouse I shut down I sold the 18' uprights for $20, the beams for $2.50 each and the wire decks for $3 each. So someone could have bought all the racking I put up in my garage for a little over $100. From a wholesaler you might spend double that. Go to lowes or home depot and buy something and expect to spend 5 times that amount. If you don't care about looks most wholesalers will cut you a great deal for some stuff that has been sitting in the yard. As well some warehouses who have stuff they are just going to scrap may give you a great deal.

Until i got into warehousing I didn't know anything about shelving. Back then I just bought the white closet type shelving which suck even if you screw those plastic clips into a stud. That or the pine board with a metal shelf support.

Did the shed this weekend.
image-23344613.jpg

and now...this weeks episode of Hoarders...

"This week's Hoarders Team is with Trollhole...a nice young man from South Carolina...."

bottom line, you never have enough stuff....and it's amazing that much stuff fit on those shelves. So you labeled and inventoried at all?

Update 2012

The FJ40 man cave garage now has a lift and some other minor changes are done. :cool:

Had a new years party and a small Cruiserhead meeting in there, the fireplace does work well.:popcorn:

Trollhole - that Jet filtration unit - is that the AFS-1000? If so, what do you think of it? Mine hasn't made much difference but I'm thinking I have it too high - about 10-1/2 feet up.

What are u trying to do?
I put one in my basement as well as a dust collector system for the limited woodworking I do.
Did some cuts with a cheap table saw on pine one weekend without it and I coughed for a week afterwards.
Wood dust is incredibly toxic and if you have a semi closed garage or basement you will need it.
I will post some pictures up
Trollhole - that Jet filtration unit - is that the AFS-1000? If so, what do you think of it? Mine hasn't made much difference but I'm thinking I have it too high - about 10-1/2 feet up.

Yes it's a AFS-1000. I really like it. I originally had it up high and to be honest I didn't think it did so hot so I put it on chains and lowered it to where it was just above my head and I could manually turn it on if I wanted. The remote was worthless unless I was right in front of the unit. I also have it pointed down so when I do open the garage door it's pointed to exhaust out the door. In the summer I take the fine filter and just use a fiberglass filter. It works great for most dust and really does a good job of getting smoke and paint fumes out of the garage.

Update 2012

The FJ40 man cave garage now has a lift and some other minor changes are done. :cool:

Had a new years party and a small Cruiserhead meeting in there, the fireplace does work well.:popcorn:

Fj40 -garage great garage!

how do you like your scissor lift?

How high does your garage ceiling have to be, to be able to raise the 40 on the scissor lift high enough to stand under it?

Fj40 -garage great garage!

how do you like your scissor lift?

How high does your garage ceiling have to be, to be able to raise the 40 on the scissor lift high enough to stand under it?

The lift seems to be ok, to be honest, didnt put the cruiser on it yet and hope it will fit with its short wheelbase....:p :hmm:

The ceiling is actually 12.5 ft and the lift reaches 6.06 ft .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom