Just picked up '85. Says "Ivan IRON MAN Stewart Edition" Any way to verify?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I saw this truck on CL and outside of some rust in the usual places, it runs like a champ and everything works as it should so i snatched it up. It is a '85 ext. cab 22RE. The graphic on the sides and tailgate indicates it as an Iron Man special edition. It has all the goodies of an SR5 with power windows, cruise, AC, etc. Owner had a pic from the early 90s where you can see some of the truck and it has the Iron Man graphics on the side but those are no longer there. Is there any way to confirm that it is indeed an Iron Man edition, and/or anywhere i can find more info on it? Thanks for any info!

00r0r_6S5lGDzh2ox_1200x900.jpg

00T0T_ds1JOrqCMaq_1200x900 (1).jpg

00y0y_458O9flgvSk_1200x900.jpg

here is an old picture where you can see the stripes but not all of the truck....

old Picture.jpg

Better hope @pappy doesn't see this or he'll tell you he hates you and give you the good old mud welcome.

Nice truck! Love those old school vintage decals!

Better hope @pappy doesn't see this or he'll tell you he hates you and give you the good old mud welcome.

Nice truck! Love those old school vintage decals!

I hate you :flipoff2:

I hate you :flipoff2:

Aha! There it is. :flipoff2:

Also back to your question on the truck. I don't think this is something Toyota offered in the 80's. I think it's something a fan did to the truck to make it look cool.

Toyota did offer a few Ivan Stewart Ironman edition trucks, but they were all released after the 2000's AFAIK.

Is there anywhere else on the truck where it says "Ivan Stewart Ironman edition"?

Just the stickers that’s all that indicates anything related to iron man edition at least that I’ve found. Maybe a dealer installed option or something? The man said he bought it from the dealer like that and with a rollbar and lights. Thanks for the welcome it’s been awhile since I’ve been around here and was on the 80 forum mostly. Cheers!

@reklund5, any idea if this was an original option?

You really need to get those colors re-done, that would look sweet!

See, it pays to have buddies in high places. Thanks @reklund5.

reklund5 - awesome! Thanks so much. This is super helpful. Now I guess I have to restore!!

gonna need one of those T shirts

I actually had one of those back in the day. Not sure if I have any pictures with me wearing it, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom