Just picked up '85. Says "Ivan IRON MAN Stewart Edition" Any way to verify?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

update.. slowly upgrading this and that and coming along pretty well. so far I have done OME, 4.88s, detirot in rear, Maxxis RAZR 33x10.5 and 15x8 summit steel wheels with 4 inch bs i had powder coated white. next is a winch bumper/mount solution and would really like to have a rear swing out tire carrier as well since my spare takes up too much bed space. I have an M8000 i have moved from from other trucks over the years just need to figure out how i want to mount it. this truck sees a fair amount of highway driving to our farm and lots of rough rutted roads, etc once there. I'm pleased with the 4.88s with the 33x10.5s at highway speeds and now with a few thousand miles the OME light front and rears are like day and night vs. old worn out stock suspension. the tires do great in everything i have thrown at them but really like the rocky stuff more than muddy rutted roads but no complaints especially with the rear locker they go where i need them to. highway manners are very good. i went ahead and put a set on my 03 F250 as well. here are some crappy pics.

pup.jpg

pup2.jpg

tire.jpg

Looking good!

I see Toyota's marketing has changed a bit....Scantly clad lady in the bed of the truck anyone. They'd get flamed if they tried that today.

thanks for the replies. the tire shop put those caps on off my old wheels... agree they need to go just haven't messed with them yet. i'm getting pretty bad rubbing on the front with 33s when compressed. guessing i need to hammer down the pinch weld to solve ...already ripped off the inside wheel well plastic and mud flap on the driver side. i want to retain the mud flaps in the front so hopefully there is a trick there. any ideas that aren't janky?

thanks for the replies. the tire shop put those caps on off my old wheels... agree they need to go just haven't messed with them yet. i'm getting pretty bad rubbing on the front with 33s when compressed. guessing i need to hammer down the pinch weld to solve ...already ripped off the inside wheel well plastic and mud flap on the driver side. i want to retain the mud flaps in the front so hopefully there is a trick there. any ideas that aren't janky?

Not sure this will work for you, but there is a "trick" that I used when I did the SAS on my truck, to move the axle about 2" forward. If you unbolt the axle from the springs, there are actually 3 holes in the perches, although the other 2 are a little too small for the spring locating pin. You can drill out these holes, then re-mount the axle ~2" forward. This really helps with the rubbing in the back, I actually ran 35's for wheeling, and would only have rubbing when they were really stuffed hard and turned sharp. But, you will have to do something about the bottom plates, as now the hole for the pin also needs relocated. Maybe time for a U-bolt flip, but that might create interference if you still have the factory push-pull steering. It's a slippery slope...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom