John Deere HIR bulbs (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alright just had a buddy order some for me and should have them next week, i ordered 6 of them so if some ones looking for them pm me and ill help you out.

:grinpimp: Potestio Brothers Equipment
19020 Longs Way
Parker CO 80134
United States
:beer: :cheers:

:confused:

AFAIK the price at ALL JD outlets is now $23.99 or more per HIR, assuming they have them. The people I've talked to say that is the "system price" from JD. Maybe the demand slowed down and the prices are coming back down? :eek:

What is done is done now for me but maybe some others can still find a deal. I must have called 50 different JD dealers across the country, set up multiple JD accounts using different addresses in other states to search price and inventory, and nada. Can't believe they are $9.99 again in my own backyard :crybaby:

So, for all you still looking before buying off that guy on ebay I guess maybe you should search just a little more...

alright just had a buddy order some for me and should have them next week, i ordered 6 of them so if some ones looking for them pm me and ill help you out.

Did you get them for $9.99 out of the Parker CO store? I think I'm going to need a stiff drink tonight :frown:

I have read through this thread and I am a little confussed. Could someone please post with which bulbs are for the hi beam and which are for the lows? I.e.:

High Beams: ___________
Low Beams: ___________

Thanks

Per the guy on ebay selling the HIRs (current auction - search for HIRs if current auction has ended when you're reading this):

High Beams: OEM is 9005 bulb | HIR is 9011 bulb
Low Beams: OEM is 9006 bulb | HIR is 9012 bulb

For those wondering, the bulbs from the guy on ebay come marked with where you need to notch the tabs for them to fit.

well my source fell through he called me back today to tell me the original price he quoted was no longer possible and that the new price was $38.00 each

guess im back to the drawing board

well my source fell through he called me back today to tell me the original price he quoted was no longer possible and that the new price was $38.00 each

guess im back to the drawing board

I feel vindicated :flipoff2:

I understand you're frustration...You seem to find a sure lead and then it goes South. Many here on MUD have tried to help me source these bulbs in their local area but everytime the source (usually JD) suddenly realizes that the price has increased. Supply and demand thing I suppose...

Good luck on your search and if all else fails there is the guy on ebay. I was very impressed (and happy) with the transaction so I would reccommend him. Reasonable price (as of now anyway), quick ship (Priority Mail), and he isn't making a mint on shipping like some sellers (especially if you order 8 bulbs at the $5 shipping rate). IIRC the box showed $4.35 actual shipping cost for the 4 I purchased...

Good luck on your search and if all else fails there is the guy on ebay. I was very impressed (and happy) with the transaction so I would reccommend him. Reasonable price (as of now anyway), quick ship (Priority Mail), and he isn't making a mint on shipping like some sellers (especially if you order 8 bulbs at the $5 shipping rate). IIRC the box showed $4.35 actual shipping cost for the 4 I purchased...

X2

I just received mine from this guy yesterday. Very smooth transaction.

I went to my local John Deere parts store...

$48.00 per bulb!!! DAMN!!! No way!! :mad: :mad:

I guess I missed the window on this upgrade.

Does that come with Vaseline?

THAT is just insane!

picked up some from JD today... almost 30 each with the shipping to their store.

KK

That's what happens when there is no competition for a captive market... There is absolutely NO TECHNICAL REASON why these bulbs should be more expensive, except for market pressures.

$48.00 per bulb

What a rip off. I got mine 3 or 4 months ago, 12 each. I'll check tommrow to see if the local JD guy has got smart or not.

Mark

Well...I did get the bulbs for ~$25.00 a piece...my family back home has a farm, and we use lots of JD equipment...my Father got his parts guy to get em for me.

I bought mine a while ago and both burned out within a year. I loved the light, but I need them to last more than a year if I'm gonna pay $25+ for them.

I'll have to talk to my gf's dad who works for Sylvania and see if they make any HIR's that might be applicable. He gets bulbs for free :D

9012 HIR John Deere Lamps

1. Tried car headlight options since 1975, Cibie fog and e-lights, silverstar lamps, sylvania extra lamps, and now 9012 JD replacement lamps in place of 9006 low beams on 2005 Toyota Corolla. Less than 5 minutes from using them on one side only, I found that the heat was excessive and was darkening the upper portion of the low beam reflector behind them. I believe continued use would lead to loss of brightness due to degradation of the reflector. Lighting has to be considered as a unit-not just the bulb-since an optimized reflector is every bit as important as the bulb. Summary:In my car this, bulb in the factory low beam unit, is too hot. I find that the Sylvania xtra 9006 is as hot as the factory unit can handle with long term reliability and continued good output. Of course the reflector is just aluminum coated plastic. Perhaps other type headlights could handle this HIR bulb but many new care units can not. Too bad. I would like to have had the extra low beam light.:)

1. Tried car headlight options since 1975, Cibie fog and e-lights, silverstar lamps, sylvania extra lamps, and now 9012 JD replacement lamps in place of 9006 low beams on 2005 Toyota Corolla. Less than 5 minutes from using them on one side only, I found that the heat was excessive and was darkening the upper portion of the low beam reflector behind them. I believe continued use would lead to loss of brightness due to degradation of the reflector. Lighting has to be considered as a unit-not just the bulb-since an optimized reflector is every bit as important as the bulb. Summary:In my car this, bulb in the factory low beam unit, is too hot. I find that the Sylvania xtra 9006 is as hot as the factory unit can handle with long term reliability and continued good output. Of course the reflector is just aluminum coated plastic. Perhaps other type headlights could handle this HIR bulb but many new care units can not. Too bad. I would like to have had the extra low beam light.:)

That is strange, as it is the same wattage as the standard bulb, and is more efficient, my basic understanding of physics says that that should make the HIR run cooler than a standard bulb, but I have nothing to back it up.

Sorry but BULLCRAP. The HIR lamp draws the same current and puts out the same amount of heat as the stock 9006 bulb and has the same focal length and focal point resulting in an identical lighting pattern.

X2 . This is nonsense. HIR actually would reduce heat waste, as more of the IR is directed at the filament. Even with high wattage lamp, this is unlikely.

Although it is a useful warning for 2005 Corolla owners to test THEIR setup, it's pretty poor science to make a blanket statement in the 80 series Landcruiser tech forum based on one test with a vehicle that has nothing in common with the 80 series LC.

Ok, it looks like there are a BUNCH of MUDDERS that installed these bulbs months ago... Any feedback regarding heat, durability, popping out, etc?

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom