Builds Jacks 40 to fake 45 build (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The 2nd door went together smoothly. Need to glue the outer weather strip on both doors and that's always a pain. Either way, they are pretty much done and turned out pretty good.
20231102_154337.jpg

All the weather strip came from City Racer. The window cranks and door handles came from Cruiser Outfitters. The door latches and the top seal kit came from SOR.

The 3 speed shift boot would not fit properly do to the added thickness of the Lizard Skin. Since I found a 4 speed boot retainer in my stash, I replaced the 3 with the 4 speed boot. Fits great now.

20231103_114019.jpg

Looking good! I am looking to seeing this thing with a top on it.

I made a trip though Tucson, Phoenix, and back up through Payson last weekend. I wounded if I would see this thing out and about. Slim chance I am sure.

Where you buy your the speed boot? Could use a couple. Just lately realized the boot and retainer ring that I picked up from Man-A-Fre back in 1974 was probably the 9/73 version boot for the three speed. Only a few months the 74 model had a three speed in the US. Appear that boot is still available but not the retaining ring. Show those were used thru 10/82.

Where you buy your the speed boot? Could use a couple. Just lately realized the boot and retainer ring that I picked up from Man-A-Fre back in 1974 was probably the 9/73 version boot for the three speed. Only a few months the 74 model had a three speed in the US. Appear that boot is still available but not the retaining ring. Show those were used thru 10/82.
I bought mine through Specter a couple years ago.

@JackA what is on your tranny shift cane? Looks like it’s been chewed on a bit 😂 or maybe it‘s the pic.

The shifter cane had some sponge rubber padding on it when I got it. It trapped in the water and rusted this cane like it's been on the bottom of the ocean. I thought it looked cool, so I wired wheeled it and painted. Now it looks like wrought iron. Tells a story....

Such encouraging news… I’ve got a set to install one of these days.

It's a tedious job and the glue seems to stick to my fingers better than the door and rubber seal.....lol
I managed to get the 2nd door finished. Turned out okay.....we shall see if it stays in place over time. Just glad to be done with this step.

20231104_135957.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom